Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2001 11:46:35 AM EDT
I am looking at the possibility of getting a C&R and was wondering what those that have them thought about them? What you went through to get it, above the standard forms? Like if you had to jump through any special hoops. Any tricks that you wish you knew when you started? Would you do it again?

Guncrazy223
-------------------------------------------
Some people are only alive because its illegal to kill them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
No special hoops.  Just filled out the forms (one goes to CLEO) and sent them in.

Have not purchased any weapons yet but I do [b]LOVE[/b] the discount from Brownells!

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Real easy to do. You fill out the paperwork, notify (not apply to) your local PD, and they send you your packet.

One thing, you'll get all kinds of forms that only pertain to regular FFLs (like NICS check stuff). Just ignore them.

Get the Shotgun news and buy all kinds of weird guns [;)]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at

[url]http://www.cruffler.com/[/url]

(A cruffler is someone who has a C&R)
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
My only regret is that I wish I'd done it sooner.  Quality surplus at decent prices is becoming scarcer.  Still got some good pieces, but the longer you wait the more you'll pay.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Kiss whats left of your money good buy. You will just be sitting at your desk. Get an email from some shop for stuff on sale. Call them up and order it. No filling out forms.
I have had mine for 2 years. Bought about 10 guns with it. My neighbor got his a year later. He bought about 6 guns. UPS has made a few trips to our houses.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the info.

Who needs money when you have more guns?????

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top