Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 7:09:54 PM EDT
I have NOT been able to get Shotgun News at Wal-Mart for about 4 months now.  I live in central Missouri...several Wal-Mart in the area and NONE of them have it anymore...what gives?

I know this is sorta' stupid and almost not worth posting...but it just pisses me off...now I have to go to the mall and get it at the bookstore from some tree huggin' lipstick wearin' guy who makes stupid smirks when I take it to the counter...oh well...thanks for letting me vent

medcop
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the oct 15 issue at the wal mart in cedar rapids yesterday sorry yours didn't have it it could be the magazine vendors for the store stopped carring it I worked in retail and our vendors would switch titles often.  contact the store ask if they are getting it in if they don't know ask for the information to contact the vendor directly.   john
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have NOT been able to get Shotgun News at Wal-Mart for about 4 months now.  I live in central Missouri...several Wal-Mart in the area and NONE of them have it anymore...what gives?

I know this is sorta' stupid and almost not worth posting...but it just pisses me off...now I have to go to the mall and get it at the bookstore from some tree huggin' lipstick wearin' guy who makes stupid smirks when I take it to the counter...oh well...thanks for letting me vent

medcop
View Quote

They still sell it at mine. I only live about an hour away from where they print it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
ITs actually not Wal-Mart its there magazine Vendor....if it wasnt selling good the vendor in that area would pull it.....I have to go the day it comes out or I wont get that copy...
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
hmm, must be the vendor for the area...I have not been able to find it in Columbia, Moberly, and Mexico Missouri.

I think it is subscription time!

medcop
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
In our Wally World the SN is sold in the guns & ammo department, not up front in the magazine section.  Perhaps they changed locations on you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Wally-World in El Paso has it regularly.

marsh
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#7]
OT

Medcop, I grew up in Warrenton went to school in Kirksville and Rolla.  Where are you from?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quiktrip gas stations have them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Believe it or not, they actually sell SGN at our local Walmart here in Southern PRK.  I just saw it yesterday while painfully having to shop there with my wife.  I thought Arizona Walmarts were the only ones that carried it!  Don't tell Gray Davis... he may demand a 15-day waiting period and background check.  [%|]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll sell you my old ones half price.  Though they are actually 3rd hand. My mailman reads through it first.  He loves shotgun news day.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#11]
It may get even more difficult to find SGN and alot of other gun mags in the near future.

[url]www.nypost.com/business/31615.htm[/url]

GUN-SHY PRIMEDIA

By KEITH J. KELLY
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 10, 2001 -- Media Ink

PRIMEDIA CEO Tom Rogers apparently has a new aversion to shooting.

The company is preparing to put the "for sale" sign on seven magazines: Guns & Ammo, Shooting Times, Shot Gun News, Hand Guns Magazine, Rifle Shooter, Photographic Magazine and Shutterbug.

The group is believed to have revenue of $80 million a year and a profit in the $15 million a year range.

Allen & Co. is said to be preparing the black books of key financial information.

The price tag is expected to be more than $150 million, and bidding could be spirited.

Potential bidders could include the Boston-based Navis group, which has teamed up with former Petersen Publishing executive Neil Vitale; former Primedia chief Bill Reilly, who has teamed up with the Texas Pacific Group, and American Media, which is backed by Evercore Capital Partners.

Even former Petersen Publishng founder Robert Petersen might be tempted to come back in a major way to retake control of some of the magazines he founded and once owned.

As part of the deal to gobble up Emap's USA holdings, Primedia's Rogers promised Wall Street in July that he would pare $250 million of "non-core assets" from the company's portfolio.

The Post broke the story on Tuesday that Rogers is close to hatching a deal to sell the public relations directory and newspaper clipping service known as Bacon's to Swedish-based Observer Group for around $125 million. That company already owns Romeike, the British equivalent of Bacon's, and recently leaped the Atlantic to snap up Bowden's, which is a Canada-based clipping and public relations directory service.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top