Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2007 5:43:50 AM EDT
This has some major BOB potential; where it can become an improvised backstop.

www.engadget.com/2007/08/16/back-to-school-shopping-dont-forget-the-bulletproof-backpacks/
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:48:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Original Thread

Thanks for the vid...
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:59:49 AM EDT
[#2]
interesting,   i would rather have more ARMED police at schools

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#3]
"Waste of money. When I went to school my backpack was already bulletproof.. bullets
couldn't penetrate the 5 textbooks that I had to carry around in there."

Right off the first post on that page... and it makes sense to me.... maybe OldPainless can confirm this. Most, if not all of the books I used in school were hardcover books and at least 1-1.5 inches thick... and I generally carried the majority of them throughout the day to cut down on trips to my locker.

How about annual psychological screenings to go along with the meetings with that useless guidance counselor.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I loved this comment on the page also:

"You only need ceramic plates for rounds that are much higher on the ballistics scale. That is, rifle rounds, and not just small ones. The military uses ceramic plates, but police don't because of the threats they face. Kevlar vests alone stop all handgun rounds, and some rifle rounds (up to a .223). The military is normally faced with AK-47 fire which is a 7.62mm rifle round usualy interchangable with a .308 winchester."

And I love how the reporters keep stating that it will stop a 9mm HOLLOWPOINT round.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top