Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 11:46:53 PM EDT
Years ago, I remember seeing a WWII era Bazooka and a Panzerfuast, that were modified in such a way to be unusable. But also reportedly authentic.

And of course we've all seen inert pinapple grenades and other weapons.

Is there an online source to buy these conversation/display pieces?

Any legal issues to be concerned about?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
CTD had some inert 20mm rounds. I got a 3-pack.
They look impressive on the bookshelf.

Colonel Hurtz
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Years ago, I remember seeing a WWII era Bazooka and a Panzerfuast, that were modified in such a way to be unusable. But also reportedly authentic.

And of course we've all seen inert pinapple grenades and other weapons.

Any legal issues to be concerned about?

what exactly are you looking for?

M1A2 grenade adapter and pineapple grenades:
bloomautomatic.com/index_files/m1a2.htm

Israeli Practice Rifle Grenades:
bloomautomatic.com/index_files/israeli.htm

different Israeli Practice Rifle Grenades:
www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=953270&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

Israeli Practice grenade set:
www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=881770&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

Czech Army PG7 Live Fire 7.62 x 39 Training Rocket (my personal favorite)
www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=983620&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

demilled bazooka: (currently sold out)
Demilled R-83 Missle Launcher Blindicide - Free Flight

ETA:  some other things:
www.e-gunparts.com/cproducts.asp?idDept=312
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Just be careful, not all items sold as Inert are truly INERT!!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why draw attention to yourself.
There was a guy here in Minnesota last fall that bought a RPG made out  of resin and ended up getting his house raided and everything firearm related was seized and he ended up  spending a couple of days in jail courtesy of the ATF because some sheep was scared

True,

but you could say the same about owning an A-Salt Rifle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ok, you guys are scaring me already, NVM.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:19:51 AM EDT
[#7]
There was a live 20mm APIT for sale recently. I wanted to buy it just so I could hit the back of it with a hammer and see what would happen.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We had items in our EOD ordnance display that was procured right from the factory as Inert, due to an incident a sister unit, we started X-raying every piece of ordnance that we could physically see where HE filler should be.  Turns out we had a few items that were quite FARKING LIVE, one was a mine and the kill mechanism had HE in it.

Our sister unit had "Inert" 155mm projectile with a shipping plug AKA National Guard VT fuze, well they noticed one day it was "leaking".  There was a big OH FUCK, got everyone out of the unit and returned with a several Techs in TAPP suits, turns out the projectile was a real live 155mm Chem projectile with Mustard Agent filler.

They bagged the chem projo using EOD procedures, decon'd the Mustard Agent with Bleach that was on the floor, took the projo down range and made it go away with several cases of C-4.   IIRC, this was all kept in-house in the EOD community.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Be careful who you show this to. Remember several years ago a motivational speaker was traveling thru the New Orleans Airport and had an inert grenade in his bag.
You guessed it. The snagged him and arrested him even tho it was inerted.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

http://www.bigskysurplus.com/
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:32:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Be careful who you show this to. Remember several years ago a motivational speaker was traveling thru the New Orleans Airport and had an inert grenade in his bag.

I've always wanted to hurl an inert grenade at someone just to see their reaction.

Not in an airport, mind you.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:34:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I have an Inert/demilled grenade, but I'm sure as hell smart enough not to take it on an airplane.

I could just see a motivational speaker waving a inert grenade around,

" be happy, you can do it, or at least you better, or ELSE!"

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:37:09 AM EDT
[#13]
You know I have always wanted to go into work showing off an "inert pinapple grenade".

(I'm know as a fullauto gun nut so they would think it's live)
So I could pull a stunt like this.

Look what I have.  You can pull the pin like this and then Yell "OH SHIT" as I drop it.

Yep I'm a twisted SOB but I still think it would be funny as all get out.

Really everyone of them WOULD think it's live.

Dang you know what for $10 I could have everyone running like they got the
Beer Shits.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You know I have always wanted to go into work showing off an "inert pinapple grenade".

Look what I have.  You can pull the pin like this and then Yell "OH SHIT" as I drop it.

Beer Shits.

do it... and take a video of it
that would be HILARIOUS.
probably about as funny as you trying to explain it to the police
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Alot of us here would see the humor in that but most of the sheeple out there would freak. They would boot my ass out pronto.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We had items in our EOD ordnance display that was procured right from the factory as Inert, due to an incident a sister unit, we started X-raying every piece of ordnance that we could physically see where HE filler should be.  Turns out we had a few items that were quite FARKING LIVE, one was a mine and the kill mechanism had HE in it.

Our sister unit had "Inert" 155mm projectile with a shipping plug AKA National Guard VT fuze, well they noticed one day it was "leaking".  There was a big OH FUCK, got everyone out of the unit and returned with a several Techs in TAPP suits, turns out the projectile was a real live 155mm Chem projectile with Mustard Agent filler.

They bagged the chem projo using EOD procedures, decon'd the Mustard Agent with Bleach that was on the floor, took the projo down range and made it go away with several cases of C-4.   IIRC, this was all kept in-house in the EOD community.

I definitely don't want anything illegal in my home.

I'd be all kinds of freaked out if I thought I had mustard gas leaking into my study!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Beer Shits.

do it... and take a video of it
that would be HILARIOUS.
probably about as funny as you trying to explain it to the police

I just happen to know and am a Member in the same "Machine Gun Association" as the Firearms Instructor for the Police Department of the City that I live in.

I think I could do this and not spent a night in lockup but I may not have a job the next day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top