Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if it's a real construction zone, or if they set it all up.

I drive faster than most, but I always slow down for construction zones.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I love knocking over there cones in the middle of the night...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That's cheating.  They should have to catch me fair and square.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
if they have to hide to catch speeders thats a sign of desperation.
solution...laser jammer and a good radar detector
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Considering the number of road construction workers that have been killed around here lately I am all for it.  

SLOW THE HELL DOWN IN THE CONSTRUCTION ZONES!

Some poor sap earning a living doesn't need to get killed because someone else was in a hurry.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Considering the number of road construction workers that have been killed around here lately I am all for it.  

Some poor sap earning a living doesn't need to get killed because someone else was in a hurry.
edited to add. i slow down in construction zones, if not for me and my vehicles saftey, but also for those who are working in said zones.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

edited to add. i slow down in construction zones, if not for my and my vehicles saftey, but also for those who are working there.

I believe you.  Most of us speed at some time or another.  That is just one of the worst places to do it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw this in Hawaii about 5 or 6 years ago.  

It appeared to be actual construction, but there were a couple "workers" with orange vests, hardhats, and radar guns.

The king must have his taxes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#9]
if it is a fake construction zone, i wonder if they issue a ticket for double the fine like they do in real work zones.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
if it is a fake construction zone, i wonder if they issue a ticket for double the fine like they do in real work zones.

I don't see how they could and make it stick in court.  But most people would probably just pay the fine and not fight it.  I think most construction zone tickets around here are "must appear" tickets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top