Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:08:06 PM EDT
Yup, still truckin' on it.  Having fun, gettin' better.  Just slapped a set of D'Addario silks on it, and I really like the sound.  Starting to really understand chord progressions and relationships, can now play (chords for) many of my favorites, and sit and strum for a good long while, all the time making sense, and making "good" music.  My daughter just told me I rocked.  Why have I waited this long to actually learn how to play these things?  Here's my rig: an Alvarez RF20SC.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Learn how to play a shuffle and the 1-4-5 progression and you automatically know several thousand songs.

Yes, but I will remain quite handicapped until i can get these bridged chords down.  I can't finger an F if my very little life were to depend on it.  I believe F was made by devils.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep it up! I've been trying for 4 years and still haven't gotten very far on mine.

Maybe it would help to practice...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Keep it up! I've been trying for 4 years and still haven't gotten very far on mine.

Maybe it would help to practice...

I lay out chord cards and try to practice 1/2 to 1 hour per day, when biology and the prejudices of others do not conspire against me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The more you learn, the more you will find out how simple songwriting is. You will figure out songs without even realizing it. Rock on Camp Ninja...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top