Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:51:50 PM EDT
I have a Liberty safe with electronic (9v) digital combination lock. Tonight it beeped and flashed so I put a new 9v battery in it. When I input the combination, it beeped several times, and would not let me in. Well, guess where the instructions are...in the safe. After about 15 minutes I tried it again, and it let me in. When I closed it, just out of curosity, I tried it again, and it beeped several times, and will not let me in again.  Any one out there have this safe and know how to operate it after changing the battery?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, I have a dial lock on my Liberty safe.  If no one here knows, you might wanna try giving them a call.  I hear their customer service is excellent.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
You took the instructions out after it let you in, right?  If not, you might want to reconsider owning weapons in the first place...

Call Liberty.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You took the instructions out after it let you in, right?  If not, you might want to reconsider owning weapons in the first place...

Call Liberty.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Call Liberty.

Thats what I thought..
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
What brand is the lock? Is it a Kaba lock or a LaGard?

Count the number of beeps.

Manual is here.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My lock is beeping too, indicating the battery needs to be replaced.  I forgot to get the battery today, but I left my instructions on the top of my safe(outside), just in case I need 'em.

What brand is it?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a Liberty safe with electronic (9v) digital combination lock. Tonight it beeped and flashed so I put a new 9v battery in it. When I input the combination, it beeped several times, and would not let me in. Well, guess where the instructions are...in the safe. After about 15 minutes I tried it again, and it let me in. When I closed it, just out of curosity, I tried it again, and it beeped several times, and will not let me in again.  Any one out there have this safe and know how to operate it after changing the battery?

I guess Albert Einstein is in no danger of having his genius eclipsed by anyone here
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]
So I saw this movie once where they have this breadown .50 BMG and an armor piercing round and there was this safe and. . .  Oh wait. Nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#9]
LaGard is the brand. I knew some of you guys would have nice things to say rather than be helpful. If you read correctly, I said the combination was working after it was not working...sounds like John Kerry...anyway it was working normally, and now it is not. I'll just call Liberty tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to 'jack' this topic, but can someone clarify for me how these electronic keypad safes work?  I know with a dial lock, you're lining up tumblers or something to allow the bolt to turn, but on a keypad, since the combo and all the electronics are in the keypad, how does it open the lock to allow the bolt to be turned?  Does it just send voltage to something in the door, and if so, how is that safe?

Rackin' my brain over this one and just can't visualize it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been safe shopping recently and the guys I've talked to who sell them tell me that the electronic lonks only last 5-6 years and then require replacement. Even though they might make an extra couple of buck off the higher priced electronic lock model, they would rather sell me one with a mechanical lock. When asked what is on their safes at home, they all said "mechanical".

Sorry for going off topic, I know it doesn't help the OP, but anyone considering a safe ought to think about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top