Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 8:14:39 AM EDT
Can someone point me to regulations on the U.S. Flag?

Hi gang - our church has been recently remodeled (Southern Baptist).  One lady has painted many murals on the walls and floors (and is doing a very good job).  

Here's the problem - she has painted a large flag on the floor of a classroom in the basement (painted size is approx 6' by 10').  
Several old-timers (WWII Veterans) don't like this - they say it is just the same as walking on the Flag.  
Others say "I'd have a problem if it was a flag that you fly." (This is what my deacon said when I told him about it).

Now this lady has taken a lot of time painting, of course no one wants to hurt her feelings, but I feel that painting the flag on the floor where it can be walked on is in bad taste.  

I told my deacon about this (see above).  I think he may tell the Pastor, but if neither of them tells the lady that painted it, one of the old-timers will rip into her.

I need backup on this if possible.  Flag code if any.

I don't think it should be there either, perhaps someone will tell her nicely and she will realize her error.

Anyone?

Thanks, Blackie
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
That
would be about as appropriate
as a US flag
welcome mat to wipe your feet
on before entering the building.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#2]
YOu should check here. Hope this answers your questions

www.usflag.org/us.code36.html#174

Guncrazy223
----------------------------------
Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top