Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 8:59:02 AM EDT
I was out mowing & bent over at the waist to pull the grass out of the port it's supposed to exit. Went to stand up & it felt like I got hit in the lower back with a cattle prod.

Luckily I was close to the fence so I used that to walk from the back yard to the front & in.

Now I'm sitting at my computer with ice on it, & I took some Tylenol. Hopefully I will be ok by the time I have to go to work.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Speaking with 3 herniated disks in the lower back. Ya might want to put heat to the mussles after a while.

If you start to feel pain or numbness in the lower back or legs/feet go to the doc.

Sounds crazy, work to strengthen your upper body. Simple excercises with hand weights will do. This is the way to help with lower back problems, learned this at physical theropy.

And when you have to pick something off the floor, bend at the knees.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to my hell.

Same problems

On the day it healed and I felt 100% better I went out to the garden and worked for about 10 minutes. Wound up on the ground for 20 minutes yelling for my wife.

Dog came over and like an idiot I said to her "Go get mommy!", She went and ate a cucumber and there wasnt a damn thing I could do about it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel similar pain today.  Bulging/herniated discs in lower back, onts of scar tissue in upper.  If I don't stay in shape, it lets me know.  I am out of shape and feeling it today after mowing the lawn on Monday and not bending at the knees.  Better than yesterday, but it gets aggravating.

I'm much too young to feel this darn old.

ETA:  A big thanks to all the drunk drivers out there who help people like me go from healthy athletes to having bad backs and knees.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I called into work & don't have to go in. I've gotten up twice since noon.  

I have been using ice & heat with some 2.5 yr old Prednisone. Ordered pizza on the ph so I didn't have to cook & my 9 yr old son is running for me when I need something.

I'm at my computer chair because it's firm enough I can get up if I really have to. I afraid to sit on the couch or lay down on the bed because I might not be able to get back up & the couch might make my back hurt worse, because it's too soft to give much support.

Some days suck. It could be worse though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]

My back us out of here!

What?

You sure you only took Tylenol?

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Heat,not ice my man. If you know someone with a hottub, hit a jet for a while, may help.
Mine almost went out last night,,,, in my frickin' sleep! I rolled over and POP!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Heat,not ice my man. If you know someone with a hottub, hit a jet for a while, may help.
Mine almost went out last night,,,, in my frickin' sleep! I rolled over and POP!

I've been using heat & ice. That's what my Dr. always told me to do.

I also saw my title typo before I read the post about it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Welcome to my hell.

Same problems

On the day it healed and I felt 100% better I went out to the garden and worked for about 10 minutes. Wound up on the ground for 20 minutes yelling for my wife.

Dog came over and like an idiot I said to her "Go get mommy!", She went and ate a cucumber and there wasnt a damn thing I could do about it.

Happened to me once working in a steel fabrication shop. I lifted steel plates all day long anywhere from 10lb to 120lb. About a year into the job with out any problems I bend to pick up a scrap piece the size of a deck of cards ooooouuuuchh felt my entire back shift and I could stand up. Doctor gave me some pills said take two at a time. So I take two pop in a movie and wake up during the end credits and felt like I was floating about 5 feet off the floor. Only one pill after that, I was fine 3 days later.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been using heat & ice. That's what my Dr. always told me to do.

I also saw my title typo before I read the post about it.

Alternating heat & ice is what my doc advises as well. I have similar problems with my back, regular lower back exercise has made immense improvements. Something else I discovered that worked exceptionaly well was Pamprin. It was all we had in the first aid kit at work and low & behold damn if it didn't work better than anything.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the neck and back from hell right now from my car accident last week.

I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Vicodin and Booze.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Vicodin and Booze.

+1

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a doing oxycodone and 800mg Ibuprofen for my back, I feel your pain too
(but not much of mine).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top