Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 2:05:19 PM EDT

a typical meal served on ALCATRAZ, spaghetti with meatballs, steamed carrots, hard bread / crackers, apple sauce, coffee , milk or water for beverage.

mock up of the dummy heads made by Frank Morris and the Anglin brothers, they used paper mache, paint used for paintings, and hair from the barbershop to make dummy heads for use for the evening head count.

spaghetti dinner was a very popular meal back in the 1950's -60's, one prisoner described the meals as being very boring, they always knew exactly what was on the menu, he said the spagehetti use to be pretty good, but the quality started going down and down, and they nicked named it "noodles and prune juice"

inmates Frank Lee Morris , John & Clarence Anglin made the first successful escape on June 12, 1962 and they have never been found, the FBI still has them on the missing persons list.

this one of the cells that Frank Morris and the Anglin Brothers used

Frank Morris

John Anglin and Clarence Anglin
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok did you do the first two pics??
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ok did you do the first two pics??

yes
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Then you sir just got a solid ten.  Yeah a dinner pic is gun knife and food but this is very original so 10 it is.

Good job.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have been on AR-15 for about five years.  With the possible exception of the two pound bacon sandwich this is the best dinner picture ever.

Damn i guess i missed that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#6]

if you seriously did the first pic, a solid 10 for creativity
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#7]
no prison wine?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#8]
A solid 10 for creativity and theme.  No gun, but I'll count the hammer as a weapon.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have been on AR-15 for about five years.  With the possible exception of the two pound bacon sandwich this is the best dinner picture ever.

Damn i guess i missed that.
It will get you 10years closer to a heart attack if you even view it.

Very innovative dinner pic, solid 10.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow! I remember eating out of the same metal trays when I was a kid in Piblic School (throughout the 1980s); most of the trays come from either the US military or from the FBOP.

THat second pic brought me memories; some of them not too good though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Yummy. A solid 10.

Quoted:
I'd like to spend a night in Alcatraz. Just me and a video-camera...

ETA: 10
Actually if you're in the SF area, by all means do the tour.  The National Park Service is now in charge of the place.  The NPS was really surprised by the number of people who paid real money to see this closed down federal prison.  Admission to the "park" is free, but you must pay for the boat ride.

If at all possible do the night tour of the place, sign up for reservations ASAP upon arrival, there is only one tour and it sells out quick.  It is even creepier than the day tour.

It was the highlight of my trip to SF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top