Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 7:59:34 AM EDT
E-bay is eliminating all sales of parts that are necessary to make a firearm fire--left to the imagination of the E-bay net-nannies, that would probably include an acorn that might grow into an oak tree that might be used for a handgun grip.  Or, I guess a walnut is a better example.  In any event, I've had enough of such antics, and immediately canceled my Ebay account (mccgsm) and told them why.  I lived without Ebay before Ebay, and I'll do so now.  And for firearms stuff, I've bought and sold quite happily here on AR-15.Com's equipment exchange.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#1]
And this is what I sent to Ebay when I quit:

I learned of your new firearms parts policy today, and I am closing my account today.  Gun owners are not second class citizens in this country, yet we are once more treated like some subspecies that threatens our nation.  Nonsense.  What would Ebay have done had the idiot at Virginia Tech bought a car on Ebay Motors and rammed it into a crowd?  Shut down Ebay motors?  Not likely.  But gun owners are a safe target in today's "poltically correct" climate, and Ebay unfortunately jumps on the bandwagon of cowardice.  Shame, shame, shame on Mr. Halperin and those who join him in insulting the millions of law-abiding gun owners in the United States.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, this got posted, oh, four or five times last week...  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll still use ebay.  They have a corner on the market when it comes to auction hosting.  Besides, I won't stop going to the movies just because most actors are antigun libtards.  I like Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, zombie flicks, Bourne Identity, and the other popular movies.

And it's hard to pass up ebay shopping when I see football tickets going for 3 or 4 hundred dollars on other websites only to find the same or better seating for less than half that price on egay.  I'd be an idiot to pass that up.

If I find what I'm looking for somewhere else for about the same price, sure, I'll go with someone else.  But then again, maybe the other company are bigger antigun fools.  Who's to say?  I wish I had all the time in the world to research the political leanings of every store and every product's manufacturer.  But I don't.

If I can help.  Of course I will.  But most likely I won't know.  Also, some companies were once antigun then they switched to being progun.  And people still boycotted them because they never knew about the policy change.  And some progun companies turned to being antigun.  And some switch back and forth too often to know what the hell is going on.  Who's to say?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]
They don't care.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#5]
At least drop 'em a line and tell them you care.  I agree that boycotts seldom have an effect, but sometimes they do.  And if even 10% of the gun owners politely took Ebay to task, Ebay WOULD change.  But you have to care to do it, just as we saw happen with the folks pushing the homosexual agenda on America--we now have "gay marriage," domestic partnerships, civil unions, and nondiscrimination laws protecting sodomy because less than 4% of the US population became politically active.  There are a heck of a lot more gun owners, and Ebay ought to be terrified of pissing us off, not content to bribe us with cheap football tickets.

If you're not careful, one of these days you'll still be enjoying your games but not your guns.  Please at least rattle their cage a bit...>!

thx/gm
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Sending them letters won't hurt! Good work! Wish everyone would do the same. I still use Ebay but this policy is not good for there business. Let them know!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone done a electronic petition to Ebay? I personally don't have an active account with them, but it seems like the only thing they understand is the mighty dollar.

Maybe if enough folks spoke up they'd wake up from the dream where they imagine the 15 or so gun owners in America won't mind being shut out so much...just a thought...
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Ebay did not make this policy because they wanted to lose a lot of money.  They did it to make a stand.  It may be the wrong stand but a stand none the less.  They are still going to make a lot of money.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#9]

The sale of weapons is highly regulated by the government, and these items can harm the eBay Community.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]
EBaey says:

"As a fencing operation that moves hundreds of millions of dollars in stolen goods, we can't have highly regulated, individually identifiable and traceable merchandise (which may be sought by law enforcement authorities) moving through our laundering operation.

If we did, law enforcement would gain highly damaging statistics on the high percentage of stolen goods which move through the EBaey "community".

We like money and we frankly don't care where it comes from.

Thanks, now bugger off."

EBaey
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Theres a new auction site coming soon,

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=605299

We've been in discussions with BidPay, and as soon as the we've integrated with them, we'll open the site.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
AR15 builds a bid site and the gunners will come!  Somebody has to set the standard for Americans who can spell "liberty" and still want to bid on gun stuff online!  Go for it....
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
We need to get an online petition together, or something similar, stating our opposition to this.

Nope..

We need to vote with our wallets.

Egay can do what it wants...

I'll do what I want...that means they will neevr see another cent of my money.

No more GayPal either
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yep, this got posted, oh, four or five times last week...  

id say 10.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top