Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2007 5:46:11 PM EDT
If i take my 2 month old outside and he gets just a lil bit of direct sun he will sneeze. Any clue ? I never noticed this with my other kids.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If i take my 2 month old outside and he gets just a lil bit of direct sun he will sneeze. Any clue ? I never noticed this with my other kids.

Sunshine makes me sneeze. Photic sneezing. It doesn't affect everyone.

From kidshealth.org:

Do you know anyone who sneezes when they step outside into the sunshine? About one out of every three people sneezes when exposed to bright light. They are called photic sneezers (photic means light). If you are a photic sneezer, you got it from one of your parents because it is an inherited trait. You could say that it runs in your family. Most people have some sensitivity to light that can trigger a sneeze.

Have you ever had the feeling that you are about to sneeze, but it just gets stuck? Next time that happens, try looking toward a bright light briefly (but don't look right into the sun) - see if that doesn't unstick a stuck sneeze!
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Photic sneeze reflex
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Happens to me all the time...Inside to out...I usually give 2-3 hard ones back to back to back. My sternum feels like it is going to split

Happens to my 4 year old buy as well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top