FLCL
Fruits Basket
Chobits
Ceres
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:
I wondered the same thing and all I could come up with is that even people who hate their situations have people and some things they care about. If the character could easily travel back and forth between world's they probably would love their new situation but not being cut off completely.  

Imagine being dropped into a new world where everything and everyone you cared about even a little bit was lost forever.  You would probably get used to it eventually and may end up liking or loving it but it would be sad for most people at first. I personally don't know anyone who wouldn't be upset once that realization hit.
View Quote

If someone had a family and/or a life they were generally happy with: sure.

However, if you're fighting desperately to leave a world where you are basically a god and have a harem so you can return to your world that you have no real ties to in order to get back to your unhappy life: I don't get it.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

I'm pretty sure Elfen Lied was the first TV-MA/non-kid anime I ever saw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:
Finally went for into the book store to search for my first Manga I was honestly a bit confused and probably starred at the shelve for at least 45 mins lol

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/CB9EBBD0-1CE4-4A97-966F-0DC5ABE7B590_jpe-1778422.JPG

Damn
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Damn
View All Quotes
Finally went for into the book store to search for my first Manga I was honestly a bit confused and probably starred at the shelve for at least 45 mins lol

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/CB9EBBD0-1CE4-4A97-966F-0DC5ABE7B590_jpe-1778422.JPG

Damn

Look at the cover.  This must be an anime about cute cat girls, right?

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]

However, if you're fighting desperately to leave a world where you are basically a god and have a harem so you can return to your world that you have no real ties to in order to get back to your unhappy life: I don't get it.  
View Quote

That is definitely a fair point but I don't think any of the characters I've seen yet have been that far gone. That being said I've probably only watched around 6-10 isekai animes so I am by no means an expert.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#5]

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Elfen_Lied_manga_volume_1.jpg
View All Quotes

Damn

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Elfen_Lied_manga_volume_1.jpg

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#6]

That is definitely a fair point but I don't think any of the characters I've seen yet have been that far gone. That being said I've probably only watched around 6-10 isekai animes so I am by no means an expert.
View All Quotes

I don't mean to say they are sitting at home crying every night thinking about offing themselves or anything.  It could just be someone like the MC in Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody.  A guy with no family, not much of a (if any) social life, and who pretty much just goes to his cubical job and then goes home.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a good example. I forgot about that MCs backstory. I liked that anime.  He didn't seem to have much in the real world to miss.  He did seem to adapt pretty well though trying to become a merchant and basically forming an instant family and friends circle.  In his shoes I wouldn't want to leave.  Maybe it was easier for that character to accept because he was a gaming programmer?

Man it's been a while since I watched that show. I saw that right before I watched Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash so it kind of slipped my mind. I liked Grimgar so much I have the Light Novels on order but some of them are constantly out of stock at right stuff anime. That anime is an isekai that if the MCs weren't fighting like hell to get home there is something wrong with them.  At least that was how it was when the anime ended. The characters started actually getting their acts together at the end so I am really looking forward to seeing what happens to them in the Light Novels.  It couldn't be much worse for them then how it started.

On a different note I just finished Testament of Sister New Devil. Man that was a fun show. It has humor kind of like Highschool DxD but with more sexual situations.  The only weird part is to watch it uncensored you have to watch the dubbed version. The subbed version is censored but the censors are actually pretty funny in spots.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Hey man, a true Otaku doesn't have time for real women.

View Quote

2D women never get fat
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I wondered the same thing and all I could come up with is that even people who hate their situations have people and some things they care about. If the character could easily travel back and forth between world's they probably would love their new situation but not being cut off completely.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages5.fanpop.com%2Fimage%2Fphotos%2F29600000%2FKagome-championcynthia-29638556-848-480.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#12]

But would you go to Ranger school and join Delta Force to support your hobby?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#13]

I don't know who that is or what it's from.
View All Quotes

Might be for the better lol
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

View All Quotes

Oof...

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

I'm pretty sure that's the girl I see in pics with that white haired cat/fox/whatever boy.

No idea what anime it is though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#16]

I'm pretty sure that's the girl I see in pics with that white haired cat/fox/whatever boy.

View All Quotes

Yes

lol
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Yeah it’s a very obscure anime I can’t remember the name
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

It only had a couple episodes anyway.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:28:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#19]

It only had a couple episodes anyway.

View Quote

At least that means it wasn’t the same repetitive shit over and over
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Same here lol

I watched that shit dubbed on YouTube and I went in so blind that I think my mouth was wide open the whole first episode lol
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Well I'll take my lumps on this one. I looked it up and at least I know what the show is now. In my defense though when I mentioned that I was going to watch Inuyasha here it didn't seem to get many positive reviews. I had to look up the one quote about it and it was "It's a shonen for girls" so I never bothered. Guess I'll have to put it back in my queue to watch at some point.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Or you could be a complete fucking stud/genius like Rimuru, change everything for the better with your superior knowledge, and become a demigod. That's how I'd roll. <shrug>
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Or you could be a complete fucking stud/genius like Rimuru, change everything for the better with your superior knowledge, and become a demigod. That's how I'd roll.
View Quote

I'd rather be a loser in the real world with a working dick than be basically a eunuch in any kind of world.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#25]
There is no MC in all of isekai anime with a better setup than the MC from In Another World With My Smartphone.

Hell, there's probably nothing else even close.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Well I'll take my lumps on this one. I looked it up and at least I know what the show is now. In my defense though when I mentioned that I was going to watch Inuyasha here it didn't seem to get many positive reviews. I had to look up the one quote about it and it was "It's a shonen for girls" so I never bothered. Guess I'll have to put it back in my queue to watch at some point.

View Quote

You really really should watch it, I won’t sit here and say the criticism isn’t accurate hell I just said about how it’s the same shit over and over BUT I’ve watched it all the way through twice

Inuyasha has an air of coolness to it with its super traditional setting and monsters and the characters and there designs are awesome the sentiment shonen for girls is accurate but that’s just because it is an anime that is packed full of fights but unlike most shonen the romantic sub plot is focused on

Definitely watch the dub (Netflix has it) and just give it a go if you wanna you’ll know pretty quick if you wanna jump ship

I was in elementary/middle school when I watched this and got excited when it was that time of the week so I may be a bit biased

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#27]

I'd rather be a loser in the real world with a working dick than be basically a eunuch in any kind of world.
View All Quotes
Or you could be a complete fucking stud/genius like Rimuru, change everything for the better with your superior knowledge, and become a demigod. That's how I'd roll.

If he can transform from a blue blob to a humanoid, he can give himself a working dick. And slay Goblinoid poon.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#28]
If he can transform from a blue blob to a humanoid, he can give himself a working dick. And slay Goblinoid poon.
View All Quotes

If that were true that would mean Rimuru chooses to never transform into a guy because he'd rather be a slime or a little girl.  I'm not buying it. Especially with all that talent around him.  

That whole show reminds me of a monkey paw-type wish.  A guy asks for an isekai where he is OP AF and has a harem.  The wish is granted and he is given OP powers and gets his harem.... but then he discovers..... he has no working penis.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#29]

You really really should watch it, I won’t sit here and say the criticism isn’t accurate hell I just said about how it’s the same shit over and over BUT I’ve watched it all the way through twice

Definitely watch the dub (Netflix has it) and just give it a go if you wanna you’ll know pretty quick if you wanna jump ship

I was in elementary/middle school when I watched this and got excited when it was that time of the week so I may be a bit biased

View Quote

I'll watch it then and I can guarantee I'll end up watching it all.  The only series I dumped was eromanga sensei (after 1 episode) because I couldn't get into a show with that plot. Now that I'm more accustomed to the colorful side of anime I may even try to watch that again at some point.

I was a few years out of Highschool when Inuyasha started airing and I didn't watch anime then.  I'm pretty late to the party so to speak.  At that time the only anime I had watched was Dragonball/DBZ and Sailor Moon.  While I don't think I disliked it, I only watched Sailor Moon because it was airing while I was getting ready for school at 7am and we didn't many TV channels to choose from.  At some point I also watched Gundam Wing but I can't remember when. I think it was around the same time frame.  That is all the anime I had watched until this last year or so.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:02:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#30]
Kind of a slow episode of The Promised Neverland, but some massive info bombs got dropped.

I can't recall ever looking more forward to new episodes of an in-season anime than this one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:54:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barnbwt] [#31]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Sango best girl.
View Quote

*pffft*  Yura best girl.

ETA - DprvdDgnrt knows what's up
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I noticed The Seven Deadly Sins started back up.  I got about 10 mins into E1 before I stopped watching.  I might watch it when the season is finished.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I noticed The Seven Deadly Sins started back up.  I got about 10 mins into E1 before I stopped watching.  I might watch it when the season is finished.
View Quote

On what app? New season?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#34]

On what app? New season?
View All Quotes

On what app? New season?

The first episode popped up on my YouTube recommendations. I wouldn't have even knew it started back if I didn't randomly come across it.  Apparently it started back yesterday.  Must be pretty popular because the video has about 750k views in 24 hours.

Just do a search for "the seven deadly sins season 5 episode 1" and you'll find it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:32:33 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

Man that anime season was confusing for my emotions and penis. I go from watching Goblin Slayer, hating goblins and cheering for a goblin genocide, then the very next show has big tiddied goblinas that are adorable.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:

Man that anime season was confusing for my emotions and penis. I go from watching Goblin Slayer, hating goblins and cheering for a goblin genocide, then the very next show has big tiddied goblinas that are adorable.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:

I think it would make the transition easier if people went from Goblin Slayer (ugly, evil goblins) to Overlord (less ugly, good goblins) to Slime (hot, good goblins).
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Just started Slime last night, about 10 episodes in so far, seems ok so far. Kinda fun the way overlord is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:30:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Sango best girl.
View Quote

Correct.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:37:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trunalimunumaprzure] [#39]
80's anime : "Check out this terrible corporatocracy dystopian future of fake news, deep fake videos, censorship, trampling peoples rights and cool mechas."  

2021 : "Well, we got everything but the cool mechas."
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Trunalimunumaprzure:
80's anime : "Check out this terrible corporatocracy dystopian future of fake news, deep fake videos, censorship, trampling peoples rights and cool mechas."  

View Quote

Instead of cool mechas, we got dancing robots.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:43:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#41]
Originally Posted By JPN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw
GEKKOs.
Great.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:30:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#42]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
Initial D Camp!

View Quote

YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

We need to come up with a suitable power source.

Once someone figures that out. We're going to have Gundams all over the place.

Or perhaps we can just colonize the moon and have enormous mechas. Not for nerd collectors or warfare, but as construction equipment.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:16:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#45]
[     ]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:17:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#46]

Happens in the second half of the second episode of the second season of Yuru Camp, ie the episode that was just released.
They even make a few references directly to Initial D.
View All Quotes

YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION

Happens in the second half of the second episode of the second season of Yuru Camp, ie the episode that was just released.
They even make a few references directly to Initial D.

Nice

ETA: I'm gonna wait for the whole season to be ready before I watch it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#47]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
If you want more Maple(syrup/tree) you'll need to survive all of 2021.
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Ah, yes.  Maple.  The loli Forest Gump of anime.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 743
Who watches Anime? (Page 1 of 743)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top