Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 7:46:16 AM EDT

trying to buy a house, but my credit is bad. I have been asked for [B]letters of explaintion .[/B]
So I figure that " so I tried to screw you... [:d] come on trust me this time" just might not work.

Any one know where I can can get examples of these letters ?

must of the stuff is old but not all.

Thank You...

should i of paid all my crap YES did I NO....
take care of your credit..

[stick] [spank]

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The mortgage lender is going to want to know what happened and why.  Disputed billing, unemployed, whatever.  Some lenders are pickier on this than others, but its best to just sit down and write out what honestly happened.  If you still have stuff outstanding they may want you to pay that off.  Depends on how much, how old, what the circumstances were and their policies.

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
If you didn't pay your bills because of a one-time problem, then make sure you mention that in the letter.  They don't care as much about the past as they do the (their) future.  If it was a one-time occurance make sure that you say that it won't happen again (assuming that you believe that).  I've written several of these types of letter for coworkers.  I work with several former LEO's, and not a one has good credit.  We stress that they're making more money now in a more secure job, and we toss in a positive review from the owner of the company to show the lender that their job is secure.  If you can get anything from work stating that they're not planning on laying you off soon and that you are a "good employee," then that should help.  Last July, I helped a friend, with horrible credit and a felony conviction (for stealing evidence!), get a loan on a $90,000 house with only 2% down.  The interest rate wasn't great, but more importantly for his wife and kids, he has the house now.  I worked hard on that one.  On more thing, be persistent.  If they see you at the bank often, they know you're serious.  When making a deposit or withdrawel, go into the bank to be seen.  The loan officers usually have a lot of control of who they can do business with.  If they "know you," then you'll be more likely to get the loan.z
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the responses , really helps alot now i need to go about finding a way of puting these explaintions on paper in an intellegent manner , I have searched Yahoo with no luck.
any one have a link with example letters ...
would really appricate it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thank you for the responses , really helps alot now i need to go about finding a way of puting these explaintions on paper in an intellegent manner , I have searched Yahoo with no luck.
any one have a link with example letters ...
would really appricate it.

View Quote

Did you get my e-mail????
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#5]
garandman
Thank you that was exactly what i was looking for..
gotta love ar15.com
hope i can help some one else out if i ever know an  answer to a question..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top