Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 4:08:47 PM EDT
Like say if I wanted to get a SVD (or equivalent), and asked some serviceman to snag me one if the opportunity presented itself.  

Also, if it is legal, why don't more soldiers try to get on board that boat?

Edit: I'm no troll, wasn't a joke.  I thought soldiers were allowed to bring back war trophies?  I know NFA would be illegal, I wasn't asking about that...  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
this makes my eyes hurt

ETA: yes, you and him will be sharing a cell with bubba and have a Goatse 3-some
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Its illegal for them to bring  battlefield pickups back.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No.  They cant even bring back the shrapnel that gets pulled from them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Its against orders to bring back any kind of weapon.

It is definitely illegal to bring back NFA items, and may be illegal to bring back other stuff--but its definitely against orders.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
your kiddin right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]
out of
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#7]
damn

have you lost your mind

one way ticket to poundabutt club fed for both of you
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Not just NO, but HELL NO!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Like say if I wanted to get a SVD (or equivalent), and asked some serviceman to snag me one if the opportunity presented itself.  

Lets say I have a friend going to Mexico. and asked them to bring back some pot, coke and 13yr old boys if the opportunity presented itself
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You answered your own question.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, he will also send you all children seeking bullets and clips you can handle,
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Goodness.  This HAS to be a joke.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#14]
No guns.  But I have smuggled many a gut bomb out of the chow hall.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Are you a complete moron?????  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#16]
This post has to be either a joke or just the dumbest post of all time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Do not pass go, do not collect $200, take you and your birdbrain GI buddy's asses directly to jail.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#18]
since the ignorance has been soundly trounced this thread ought to be locked and trashed just for PR reasons.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#19]
War trophies and battlefield pickups have been a stardard in armies since there have been armies.

Why the change? I mean I can somewhat see not being allowed to bring back an AK, and enemy grenades are out of the question, but bits of shrapnel? That's just dumb.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#20]
This is one of the better Troll posts in the last 48 hours.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
War trophies and battlefield pickups have been a stardard in armies since there have been armies.

Why the change? I mean I can somewhat see not being allowed to bring back an AK, and enemy grenades are out of the question, but bits of shrapnel? That's just dumb.  

Can't be seen as looting the country we just conquered.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Customs goes nuts over almost anything brought back.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#23]
please kill yourself now
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
since the ignorance has been soundly trounced this thread ought to be locked and trashed just for PR reasons.

YES, this is just rediculous!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I think your a troll and should have your acc locked

you know the many laws that would be broken, your question is ignorant and your reason for posting could only come from wanting to start some shit
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

International treaty.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you know the many laws that would be broken, your question is ignorant and your reason for posting could only come from wanting to start some shit

I should have my account locked for asking why a soldier can't bring an enemy rifle back from a war zone?  No, that would not be overzealous at all...  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Actually, we were allowed to bring back (1) Iraqi bayonet, at least we were during OIF III.  My good friend came back with (2) Iraqi helmets after the initial invasion.  For my bayonet, I had to fill out a 2-page form that had to be endorsed by an 0-6, and keep a copy of the paperwork with the bayonet during the entire trip back.  No way you could bring back a firearm though, unless you wanted a first hand tour of Leavenworth.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I should have my account locked for asking why a soldier can't bring an enemy rifle back from a war zone?  No, that would not be overzealous at all...  

while the question does earn the dumbest fucking question if the yr award..

i think he was honestly asking if it could be done,,

he now knows.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#30]
tag
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

while the question does earn the dumbest fucking question if the yr award..

i think he was honestly asking if it could be done,,

he now knows.  

Well I thought americans brought back german mauser pistols in WWII, so it's really not that stupid or far-fetched.  I've read these boards for over a year and never seen anyone ask.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
please kill yourself now

But do it in Gainesville with a nuclear weapon before they beat us in anymore National Championships of any kind!!! For the love of all that's holy -
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, you shouldn't be banned.  But you should be forced to douche your mangina with Listerine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't be seen as looting the country we just conqueredliberated.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Okay, on a serious note - "War trophies," I'm not too sure about.  A co-worker's son-in-law brought him back a bunch of Iraqi Dinars and an Iraqi bayonet for an AK47.  I don't know what he had to go through to get them back stateside, or whether he even went through the right channels (if any).

Guns?  Not just no, but hell no.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#36]
guns + overseas = import ban

Not to mention NFA issues , military orders , blah , blah

Suggested reading - federal .gov laws concerning firearms and other weapons

This thread nominated for dumbest question of the year.......and finally..............

IBTL

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#37]
If you want a bringback, you should join up, head over there, and ask your CO if its ok. Im sure he will be more then happy to assist you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a bunch of ground up beef. How can I make it into hamburger?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Stupidity and illegality have been covered, so let me point out that it is also in extremely poor taste. Like asking someone to swing by hell on the way home form work and pick you up a trophy or ribbon or something because you think it would make you look cool. I'm sure if you talk to the right recruiter, they can get you set up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Asked and answered. No.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top