Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2001 12:25:33 PM EDT
We all know that Al Queda is only one of the terror organization.

It is proven that ALL the terror organization are linked.
A clear example is that IRA terrorist were often trained in Lebanon (were I've been today...) in the Beka'a Valley, explosives for recent bombskill in Nort Ireland come from ETA, that also Hezbollah and Jihad members gave some personnel to Usama Bin Laden (the O in arabic doesn't exist...).

What can happen if, link after link, it is discovered by american investigators that in the WTC attack:

-Hezbollah are involved, and consequentely Syria and Iran
-Jihad is involved, and consequentely Iran, Iraq
-Palestinian Jihad and Hamas are involved, and mr. Arafat didn't support them, but simply turn his shoulder pretending not to see anything?

Are USA going to (according to President Bush speech) punish all of them like as terrorists, governments included?

Thanks for any answer you can give me...
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
?

Are USA going to (according to President Bush speech) punish all of them like as terrorists, governments included?

View Quote

I was going to say that is what was implied. But it is more than implied, isn't it?

That is a good question and we'll have to wait and see if this "War on Terrorism" is taken to that extent.

I would guess that if it starts to involve too many govt's. then diplomacy will break out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]
My hunch is afghanistan first, Iraq second.

If anyone is doing anything hinky after that, they'll be added to the list. Hopefully after going after afghanistan and Iraq they're realize we're serious.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My hunch is afghanistan first, Iraq second.

If anyone is doing anything hinky after that, they'll be added to the list. Hopefully after going after afghanistan and Iraq they're realize we're serious.
View Quote

That's pretty much what I think, too.

IMHO, the worst thing that could happen is this will turn into another "War on Drug" and stretch out for decades and do very little.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We all know that Al Queda is only one of the terror organization.

It is proven that ALL the terror organization are linked.
A clear example is that IRA terrorist were often trained in Lebanon (were I've been today...) in the Beka'a Valley, explosives for recent bombskill in Nort Ireland come from ETA, that also Hezbollah and Jihad members gave some personnel to Usama Bin Laden (the O in arabic doesn't exist...).

What can happen if, link after link, it is discovered by american investigators that in the WTC attack:

-Hezbollah are involved, and consequentely Syria and Iran
-Jihad is involved, and consequentely Iran, Iraq
-Palestinian Jihad and Hamas are involved, and mr. Arafat didn't support them, but simply turn his shoulder pretending not to see anything?

Thanks for any answer you can give me...
View Quote

Ok.  I have to first say that this is probably the best point/question I've heard since this whole thing went down.  It will be interesting to see.  I have no doubts we're about to do some thumping in Afghanistan, and I'm fairly sure Iraq will get some as well.  After that, it's anybody's guess.  I think we're walking a very fine line here.  We've been after Bin Laden for years, but we also don't want to destabilize large portions of the middle east, central asia, and other large centers of Islamic followers.  The last thing we need is to anger the Islamic world and turn this into a perceived war between Islam and Christianity.  

We're too heavily dependant upon oil to go stomping around over there without considering the consequences.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm afraid what will happen is this:

-We will invade Afghanistan and overthrow the Taliban rulers, replacing it with some sort of UN provisional government like Kosovo.

-We knock BinLaden off his feet for a year or two, or at the very best, capture him.

-The war is declared won.  Colin Powell doesn't say anything threatening to Syria/Iran/Iraq/Egypt/Pakistan because he cannot form one of those Arab "coalitions" he thinks is necessary for doing anything in the middle east, and doesn't want to offend anyone.

-Another heinous act of terror takes place in a year, probably involving Nuclear bombs or chemical/biological weapons.  Left wingers promptly say it's our fault, fighting back just made the misunderstood terrorists angrier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top