Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2001 10:04:22 PM EDT
This should be an easy one for you guys - after I seemed to stump you with my Grendel thread (I miss the old board [:(] [;)]).

During my forced time out [:(] I went looking for info at other boards.  
While reading one post that caught my eye about Mossberg shotguns I felt that I noticed a glaring error.  Since nobody seemd to care about piss poor information being spread I spoke up.

The part of the thread that concerned me was that an 18.5" barreled Mossberg "Persuader" having a pistol grip attatched would cause you to have to register it as an AOW!

From what I have learned (correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE!)
1. A shotgun that has come from the factory with a stock can never be converted to an AOW.
2. A model 500 (with an 18.5" bbl) with a pistol grip meets the minimum requirement of 26" by at least an inch or 2 due to the size of the receiver (can handle 3" shells).
3. Someone would have to tell all of the dealers (example: gunsamerica.com) that they are illegaly selling unregistered (untaxed) AOWs.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.  Give me a measurement if you can remember.

ps - I personally do not see much utility in a pistol gripped shotgun (some do and that is fine), I just don't like people saying (and others believing) that something that is legal is not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top