Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2001 3:36:07 PM EDT
Why Fighting lllni's thread got locked?

I have no idea how he violated board policy by asking that his previous account be unlocked. Frankly, these new mods are scaring me. They're reckless.

Will a Mall Ninja thread be next on the 'lock' list? Because maybe it upsets one mod in some unspecified, undefinable way?

I say, if it doesn't violate board policy, leave it be.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, now the "Official moderator badge" topic is locked.

WHO violated board policy in that thread?

I want to know.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:Why Fighting lllni's thread got locked?

I have no idea how he violated board policy by asking that his previous account be unlocked. Frankly, these new mods are scaring me. They're reckless.

Will a Mall Ninja thread be next on the 'lock' list? Because maybe it upsets one mod in some unspecified, undefinable way?

Juggernaut
View Quote

I locked both of them because he has been a constant thorn in the neck of mods. If he wants to be unbanned, talk to one of the staff about that. there was a reason he was banned, and until he decides to change his ways, it will stay like that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Forget it, I'm not going to argue about it. I sure hope I never need to ask the board for support should I become unpopular with one mod or staff member. It seems it will be impossible to do so.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:Why Fighting lllni's thread got locked?

Juggernaut
View Quote

I locked both of them because he has been a constant thorn in the neck of mods. If he wants to be unbanned, talk to one of the staff about that. there was a reason he was banned, and until he decides to change his ways, it will stay like that.
View Quote

In what way is he a thorn in the mods necks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:In what way is he a thorn in the mods necks.
View Quote

Email me if you want to discuss it. I'm not going to say here why. I don't think its appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm with you Jug.  I am tired of the thought police also.  Problem is I already tried emailing Goatboy a couple of weeks ago with no results. I guess we will just have to get used to being second class citizens.  

Aggie1

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#7]
just a thing some moderators do to show u all that they can exercise some sort of power, albeit petty,  over another person. sad, eh?
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I've unlocked both of FI's threads. Jug was right- it didn't violate the board code. But that has changed, bashing of mods will not be tolerated. See the conduct code for more.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top