Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2001 7:05:04 AM EDT
Anyone have suggestions/pics of a reasonably priced scope for my SAR 2?  Thanx.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#1]
heres my opinion, i bought a pso type scope for my wasr1(762x39), from cnn, 150.00 its the best scope i have ever owned, hands down and i have own some 400.00 scopes, i kid you not, i love the reticle and the range finding scale, it comes on and off in a hurry, i think my friens timed me, and from my back pack to my scope and have a shot off was 45 secs, now i know that it sounnds slow but remember i had to take the pack off open it take it out of its bg, and slip it on, take the caps off,aim and fire../ anyhow that mu opinion go to the ak site, you might some more info, of course from what i can figure, most of us here at this site own both an ak and an ar.....good luck
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Another option is the Kobra red dot sight.  It was made just for Kalashnikovs, has a side rail mount, and everyone who owns one loves theirs.  About $120 delivered, no magnification.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanx, I'll try both out.

SNIPERTAZ,

How does it mount?  My SAR 2 is side.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the sight I have on my SAR-2.
[url]http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/kobra1.html[/url]

I bought it from this guys web site. He was definitely a good guy to do business with.

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
it mounts on the side rail, if you dont have one go to tantals, site i dont have the link on hand but, he can hook you up with whatever you need for the sights, and i have heard that the kobras are cool, but no magnification, they are just good for room clearing, and maybe on larger obects out to onehundred meters, i just like the pso better, i can still use iron sights with it on, so it fulfills the needs that i have........
!!!!
[-=(_)=-] bin laden here we come!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Ditto the Kobra.  I like mine. I'm actually moving away from a scope on my SAR-2 since it's really a CQB rifle in my opinion.

Talyn
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd go Kobra first and if you still think you need more then get the PSO.  Tantal is the man for both.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think they are accurate enough to use a scope to any advantage. I like the red dot on mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top