Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2001 9:52:58 PM EDT
Well I've been going back and forth trying to figure out what I want. I need your opinions to maybe tip the balance for me.
1. I have shot the FAL and am impressed with the rifle. It is a little heavy, and I have found little in the way of mounting a scope on it. There are a lot of surplus mags (real cheap). As far as using open sights, I see that my AR is just as if not more accurate and can shoot just as far.
2. A scoped 308 bolt action rifle. I used to own one, and got rid of it several years ago. I was thinking of a Remington 700, and modifying it to a hunting/sniper rifle. The parts are plentiful and scoping is a breeze.

Well these are my good points, just looking for your .02! I'm going to a gun show in 2 weeks so, I need to listen to you guys!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
This an apples and oranges question.  
FAL's are great battle rifles, but they usually are not considered sniper quality--accuracy wise.  A fine bolt action, properly scoped and with the right man behind it can hit 6" targets 500yds away.  Get both if you can, I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top