Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 1:50:03 PM EDT
Looks like the Democrats and their protest voting Quislings have another thing to be proud of..

I wonder how bad this is going to hurt people's IRA and 401k portfolios?

Dow plunges more than 400 points
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I voted third party last year.

I like how some of you whiny manginas are still bitching about it and trying to bully us into being remorseful.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't like the Dems.

But I can't see any connection between Dems in congress and the dow..

Either way, they'll blame Bush.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it has more to do with the Chinese today. something happened there that affected the market, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
...and fucko Greenspan wanting to throw the "R" word around didn't help any... Nor does the excited fear mongering by the media. Its a hick-up and not a big deal right now.

The Fed needs to unfuck themselves and quit printing so much money, get the dollar back up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I like how some of you whiny manginas are still bitching about it and trying to bully us into being remorseful.

LOL!!!

You screwed up.. live with it..
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not their fault.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...and fucko Greenspan wanting to throw the "R" word around didn't help any... Nor does the excited fear mongering by the media. Its a hick-up and not a big deal right now.

The Fed needs to unfuck themselves and quit printing so much money, get the dollar back up.

Uh...didn't he retire a while back?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah its probably Bush's fault. But when the Dow is way up its because of the Dems. If you dont beleive me just ask Nancy Pelosi.

And if you voted 3rd party you should be on your knee's chocking yourself right now. Full Metal Jacket Style of course
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]
They haven't been in office long enough to cause this.

I hate the democrats but this is because of the last 8 years of the fuckhead executive branch.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I hate the democrats but this is because of the last 8 years of the fuckhead executive branch.

How, exactly?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, but he was giving a speech lastnight and said the the US would be in a recession by the end of the year, the news was eating it up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Thats not true ! The Dems never mentioned how well the Markets were doing leading up to last election. Then when they won the Majority its all Queen Pelosi could talk aobut.

Also people its one day of trading. It cant go up everyday for the rest of our lives.

If you notice it fell over 400 pts and its still well above 12k  

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#14]
As much as I hate Democrats, I also hate how everyone finds a way to blame every single bad thing that happens in this country on the current party in power.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You guys did nothing but whine and cry all last year, now grow up and accept the consequences of your actions.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The ultimate in denial...  I pissed away my vote so anything bad that may happen is not my fault.  A protest vote is almost as bad as not voting and bragging about it.

Politics.  Take part or shut up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#17]
the dems had nothing to do with the DOW today.  any statement to the contrary is as assinine as blaming it on the weather or what you ate for breakfast.

china's economy took a little dump and it screwed up everyone else's.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
As much as I hate Democrats, I also hate how everyone finds a way to blame every single bad thing that happens in this country on the current party in power.

They blame everything on Bush, but being more generous, we share with all the Democrats.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#19]
wait til tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, but he was giving a speech last night and said the the US would be in a recession by the end of the year, the news was eating it up.

Kinda like the guy who quit his job/retired, but kept showing up at work for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
wait til tomorrow.

I'm waiting until 25 years from tomorrow.

Anyone who invests for tomorrow shouldn't be in the stock market. They should be in fresh produce.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#22]
But over 12 years the GOP in Congress were instrumental in tremendous economic growth.  Compare where we are today to 1993-94.  Back then no one was hiring, not even in the Washington DC market.  Even the Beltway was driveable in rush hour because unemployment was so high.  

The voters voted against jobs and economic growth last November, and they are going to get exactly what they voted for.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Everyone seems to have forgotten that even though it dropped a bunch today, it's still at a record level.

Always focusing on the negative, not the positive.

It's like:

"I beat the world record time by 5 minutes in the 10k last week and now this week I'm 1 minute slower"

(You still beat the old record by 4 minutes!!!!)

Plus it needs to go down so I can invest some more money at a lower price and when it goes back up I can make more profit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#24]
This is just more of the Republocrat tit-for-tat bullshit we heard when the economy took a dive shortly after Bush took office.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#25]
well guys, the asian stock markets for tonight already dropped bigtime again (2nd day in a row).

so that means US market is gonna take a ride.

you know something is bad when every guy they interview is trying to downplay it. They are all selling out while they hope joe scmoe holds on.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#26]
So what  happened in China today?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I don't like the Dems.

But I can't see any connection between Dems in congress and the dow..

Yeah, they have nothing to do with this.  When the Dow was down 200, I thought it was a huge overreaction to a bubble bursting in the Chinese stockmarket.  I was shocked when I checked the news at 8pm EST to see the drop was 460 points.  This is like 1987 when program trading just went out of control.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, but he was giving a speech last night and said the the US would be in a recession by the end of the year, the news was eating it up.

Kinda like the guy who quit his job/retired, but kept showing up at work for some reason.

Yea, but the problem is, people still recognize his name... Greenspan sucked and despite his efforts, the economy did okay in his last few years.

The problem with the Fed Chairmans (the last two) is they do all these evil warning about this and that, but never take action on the simple things that pretty much every Economist reco's... Ie: QUIT PRINTING FUCKING MONEY, boost the dollar... Dumbfucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top