Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 1:15:40 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a service that will copy an old silent 8mm movie film to DVD?  I came across some the other day from my much, much, much, younger days.

It was when I was dating my now ex-wife with Cream in concert in Chastain Park in 1968 or 1969 (I can't remember, damn it was 38 or 39 years ago).

Also some movies from around the house, etc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
there are companies that 'telecine' film and transfer it to a digital format, i don't know any names off the top of my head but I'll ask my film professor where she has hers done and get back to you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
there are companies that 'telecine' film and transfer it to a digital format, i don't know any names off the top of my head but I'll ask my film professor where she has hers done and get back to you.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
How was the cream concert? Or were you on acid and have no recollection of the event. It sounds like an interesting movie to watch.

My mate did something similar a while back. I remember him telling me how much of a hassle, and how expensive. it was to convert film to dvd
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How was the cream concert? Or were you on acid and have no recollection of the event. It sounds like an interesting movie to watch.

My mate did something similar a while back. I remember him telling me how much of a hassle, and how expensive. it was to convert film to dvd

No, no acid, was very clean.  The concert was great, it was their Farewell Tour.  She and I went  to it in a 1954 Packard Hearse.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here's a start..www.digitaltransfersystems.net/Pricing/pricing.aspx?ShowTab=1

Thanks, I will give them a call tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top