Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2007 10:30:14 AM EDT
I'm trying to educate myself on the proposed ban that everyone has been talking about.  

I have one question though.....if it passes, will it just ban the sale of new "assualt rifles"....or will it actually be illegal to own one of the gus on the list PERIOD?  

Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a grandfather clause.  So if you have it when the ban is enacted, it is legal.  You would not be able to buy them after the ban.  It also sounds like many parts would become illegal as well.

Oh, and let's get this out of the way before someone jumps you for it....

call, email, write, take action, blah blah blah.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
The bans a bunch of crap she does it every year, you should be calling and griping about all the other ugn laws we have to work under and not blow hr1022 out of the water, try getting mil surplus ammo sales back, that would be nice and mention 1022 while your at it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, i would love to get back to buying .mil surplus ammo
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
The bad thing about grandfather clauses is you have to prove you had it before the ban.

If you don't meet their standard of proof, they can take still take your gun.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yeah, i would love to get back to buying .mil surplus ammo

Not attacking you but then call about it, i never got to have that expierence but we waste thousands of rounds of ammo a year destroying it when it could be sold to us and the .gov recover some funds while providing us with reliable USA surplus ammo.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm trying to educate myself on the proposed ban that everyone has been talking about.  

Try to ignore the MOONBATS and their BAN BABBLE!!!  You'll only get dumber if you keep reading their quackery!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The bad thing about grandfather clauses is you have to prove you had it before the ban.

How can you have proof ? Is it just when you buy the gun or what ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

call, email, write, take action, blah blah blah.

Well thats a crappy attitude.  We're talking about someone taking away our rights here.  OUR RIGHTS!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#9]
what about the guns the gunstores bought?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can you have proof ? Is it just when you buy the gun or what ?

Take a pic of you and the weapon with the current days newspaper.  Get the pic notarized and MAIL it to yourself!!!  This will prove you are a true PATRIOT!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have one question though.....if it passes, will it just ban the sale of new "assualt rifles"....or will it actually be illegal to own one of the gus on the list PERIOD?  

Thanks for the info guys.

Neither the last AWB nor the current proposed one has anything to do with assault rifles, period.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top