Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 7:35:27 PM EDT
what is a personalistic regime?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
personalistic regime, is a form of dictatorship that operates much like an absolute monarchy, yet occurs in a nominally republican state.

When the dictator of a family dictatorship dies, one of his relatives (usually his son) becomes the new ruler of the country. This transition often occurs after years of "grooming" the dictator's successor as heir apparent.

What makes a family dictatorship unique is that this hereditary order of succession is not formally enshrined in law, as it is in a monarchy.

google, 5 seconds...come on man...
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I love you thanks so much+100
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm.  

Certain regimes are characterized by the 'cult of personality'.  

Stalin, Mao, and Hitler remolded their nations.  There was a huge cult of personality that followed each of them.  Kids aspired to be them.  They were held as infallible.  They were almost demi-gods.  

Just because a country is authoritarian, doesn't mean there is a cult of personality.  There were leaders after Stalin and Mao that are largely forgotten.  

Edit - I must be wrong.  Maybe the Ceauşescus in Romania would count....
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I love you thanks so much+100

I hope your a chick...else you might have caught teh
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]
i love you in a i love Garands way... well  that might not be a good example
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i love you in a i love Garands way... well  that might not be a good example

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top