Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2001 10:41:30 AM EDT
Hi:

I can't find a BM A2 Shorty anywhere.  I guess you all know that they're in short supply since the terrorist attack.

Should I buy just a Bushmaster A2 lower, then buy an upper?  I know I'll need an FFL for the lower, but I figure it will be easier to get the parts than getting a complete rifle.

Or should I just wait it out?  Two weeks?  A month?  Longer???   8^(

Do you save money buying the pieces separately?  Or is it a wash?  I'm under the impression that fitting a BM lower to a BM upper is a piece of cake, no gunsmithing req'd.

I really don't want a custom gun or anything.  I've found 2 BM Shorty AK's, but I don't like 'em.  JMHO.

(As an aside, I once went through the hassle of building piece-by-each a beautiful FAL that I sold for $1,300, but I don't want to go through this again.  I just want a BM Shorty!)

Any and all helpful advice appreciated.

- Tim
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I Highly recommend this, but finding someone that knows how to assemble the lower to assist you is essential for the first time. I learned exactly how the weapon functions, how to assemble it should I need to replace a part, and I was able to save about 150 bucks or so in total cost. It literally took about an hour to assemble the rifle. Totally worth the Pain in the Ass factor, IMO. Make sure you can still get a kit, as the Barrel kits and uppers are as impossible to find right now as the complete guns...I am rebarreling a Colt A3 20" Boat Anchor, er, heavy barrel, with a BM M4 barrel and I am unable to secure the barrel kit, at least for a reasonable cost, at this time. Oh well...
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one for sale in the equipment exchange for $600.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top