Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 8:30:11 PM EDT
Had to qual on the M16 today.  After we were done I grabbed a bunch of stripper clips and a spoon.  Is it worth breaking open a 300 round sealed bag of ammo and putting it in the clips or is the ammo better of staying in the sealed bag.  You think I should just toss those clips out or what?  I figured it wouldn't hurt of grab them..... Better to have and not need right?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if this is a [b]real[/b] SHTF question, the answer would naturally be. "  You'd better have that ammo in mags strapped around your legs."

NRA4FR![@:D][-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally wouldn't break open anything that is hermitically sealed until it looks like we are really going to go for it.  Just toss the stripper clips in a box, and wait, hopefully you will never need it, but just in case.  Some folks have to pay real money for those things.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I personally wouldn't break open anything that is hermitically sealed until it looks like we are really going to go for it.  Just toss the stripper clips in a box, and wait, hopefully you will never need it, but just in case.  Some folks have to pay real money for those things.
View Quote

Thanks... was just starting to wonder why it was I picked that stuff up.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:23:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Load the ammo onto the stripper clips and store the clipped ammo in a USGI ammo can.  The can will protect better than the plastic sleeve, and you'd be much better off with the ammo in stripper clips than loose in boxes.

-Troy
View Quote

Agree.  I can't believe it but *I* need still more stripper clips.  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top