Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 1:46:21 PM EDT
My father was in the Airforce during Vietnam and was always your typical hard ass when I was growing up. I have seen him in a different light this past week, everytime he sees those airplanes slam into the WTC or talks about it he get's choked up. Yesterday he contacted the local recruter to see if he was eligable to sign up again. He was disapointed when they said no due to his 2 broken necks that he has survived!! God bless america and my dad!!

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Mark Twain once told a story of a 14 year old boy who couldn't believe how stupid his father was. When that boy turned 21, he couldn't believe how much his father had learned in just 7 years.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad never served in any active military, but served as an engineer and had a very large impact on the military. I'm so proud of him I get choked up just thinking about him. Thank God he's still healthy at age 86.
My brother caught him cleaning his very old AR15 last Wednesday. He hadn't touched it in at least 20 years.  I wonder if he thinks it stayed that clean over the years by itself... [;)]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
God bless america and my dad!!

idaho-ar15
View Quote

GREAT STORY...SOUNDS LIKE A VERY PROUD AND HONORABLE MAN.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top