Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 10:51:35 AM EDT
Anyone have a problem with the plastic collapsable stock wearing out quickly or breaking under heavy use---is this a problem with the aluminum ones?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Just got to say, love my Fiberlite 4 position.  Have banged it up a bit, but no problems here.
Ice
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have a problem with the plastic collapsable stock wearing out quickly or breaking under heavy use---is this a problem with the aluminum ones?
View Quote

The only difference between the aluminum and the plastic (besides the obvious,) are that aluminum will show more wear and weighs more. Several people have told me this.

Ian
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Bushmaster fiberite on 3 of my rifles and they, in my opinion, are far superior to the aluminum stocks. There's no rattle, none have come close to wearing out. Though I don't think my use of firearms would be a truly compelling test for your question. I'm not exactly beating the shit out of my guns.

Aluminum is old school, can fracture in cold weather and a less comfortable design to shoot, though just slightly.

The fiberites are an advance in design and materials, though I'm sure some will argue this.

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The alum. will also be cold to your face when shooting in cold weather.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The alum. will also be cold to your face when shooting in cold weather.
View Quote

I wonder how many cheeks have frozen to the aluminum stocks in extreme cold....YIKES!

Get a name brand fiberite and you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have several of the new "M4" style fiberlite stock that Bushmaster and Gunsmoke sell.  The AR that I shoot the most has a 16" barrel and the 4 position stock.  I have taken it hiking, camping, and rolled in the dirt with it during various training exercises with no problems or excess wear to date.  I would recommend it if you plan on using a 16" or shorter barreled rifle.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top