BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2007 9:37:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used jconnect to receive a few faxes but I have never sent one. It's free and they give you a fax number to receive them and they are sent to your email addy. I got it a while ago but it might be worth checking out. Hope it helps
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
God, I wish faxes would DIEEEEEEEE!

Seriously, scanning and emailing a document has gotten trivially easy - dare I say easier than sending a fax on some machines. HP makes scanners that - upon pressing a single button on the scanner - has your document scanned and attached to an email, leaving you with the simple task of typing an email address and clicking "send".

I hate that in this day and age, I still have to keep a fax machine around. There's really no reason for it. I mean come on, who doesn't have internet access?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I use MyFax.com for sending in receipts for our worthless new expense reporting system.  It's $10/month for 100 pages sent and 200 received.  It's worked flawlessly so far, and supports a wide variety of file formats.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had efax for about three years and never any complaints.  Love it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I played around with several internet-based fax services, but none of them were particularly cheap or easy to use. A $50 plain paper fax machine turned out to be a superior solution - I always have a printed copy of the fax waiting for me (no need to check e-mail), and sending faxes doesn't require any scanner, fax software, etc.

Quoted:
I don't want the hassle of getting a second phone line and running a fax machine for the small volume I have.

You don't need a second phone line - just a second phone number for your existing line (typically called "distinctive ring" or "personalized ring" service). It costs just a buck a month in most areas. Most modern fax machines can be set up to recognize the different ring pattern and automatically pick up only for incoming faxes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top