Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 7:47:46 PM EDT
No, it's not some collective ARFCOM wish fulfillment, it was a dream. I'll skip the pointless details but the situation was such that I had little choice. I clearly remember putting the nickel .38 Colt to my right temple, pulling the trigger -- no sound and no pain -- and feeling my life force and consciousness slip away to nothing.

How fucked up is that?!?!?

ETA - NOTE OF CLARIFICATION: THIS WAS A DREAM. ALL EVENTS IN THE DREAM LEADING UP TO "THE ACT" IN THE DREAM WERE INEXPLICABLE IN AND OF THEMSELVES, AS DREAMS USUALLY ARE (and it was New Year's Eve). Thanks for the offers of help but that's not what this is about. I'm interested in interpretations from objective observers and similar experiences, if any.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
pretty fucked up
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Crack pipe down and step away.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
OK.  It's time to put the Guns in the safe and have someone change the combination.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
MMMM Kay?

Do you need someone to talk to?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
[slowly backing out of this thread]
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a dream when I was managing a store.
We were being robbed and as I was opening the safe. They pressed a gun to the back of my head and bang.
I saw my blood and brains fly all over the contents.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Watched The Deer Hunter lately?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
You must have been talking to a woman in your dream.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...it was a dream....

To his credit, it was only "a dream".

THX. Are you there? Or have you "offed" yourself? If so I hope it was quick and painless.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#10]
You should take a break from firearms.  For your safety im suggesting you send them all too me.  I'll keep them safe for you.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a friend that had that exact same dream.  A week later, boom-dead.  Can I have your nickel plated .38 when you are done with it?

Seriously, if this was a one-off dream I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#12]

I had a dream like that once, except I was shot in the heart overseas.

Somehow I fell down next to a glass shard, and I was able to look into my own eyes and watch my life slip away while I listened to my friends trying to do first aid.

It was VERY vivid, and pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I very rarely remember my dreams..One I do remember is this...walking down a street in the town I live in, with my Dad. I am carrying a briefcase, and we have just come from a union meeting. I hear feet running up behind us..I start to turn..hear a shot...dark.  actully have had this dream several times.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a dream a few days ago that I was walking a foot patrol in Iraq and a guy ahead of me stuck his head over a wall and, BANG! He got hit in the head by a sniper's bullet.

I vivedly remember seeing his blood and brain matter exploding accross the street and a large piece of kevlar helmet flying off.  In the background, I could hear someone screaming "NO!" over and over until I woke up.

I laid there probably 15 minutes trying to determine if it was something I had actually seen happen. I knew it wasn't, but it seemed so real I couldn't put the facts together and realize it was just a dream.

Kind of disturbing, as we were all in ACUs. I haven't been to Iraq since I was in the Marines. I'm in the National Guard now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Dude,

Skip the pepperoni pizza before.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I had a dream like that once, except I was shot in the heart overseas.

Somehow I fell down next to a glass shard, and I was able to look into my own eyes and watch my life slip away while I listened to my friends trying to do first aid.

It was VERY vivid, and pretty cool.

Acouple years ago I had a Dream I Charged a Chinese General and gunned him down on a battlefield with a handgun. There was no sound and there was no fear. The Chinese troops that killed me were shocked. I died nearly instantly and I fell to the ground with everything going and slipping into Darkness. I never had a dream like it before and I can't forget a single moment of it.

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Never had a "shot dead" dream but i did have a *VIVID* death dream a month or two ago.  Out of control car sliding backwards off a cliff.

Watched the cliff fall away through the windshield, could feel myself go weightless in the seat and drift toward the ceiling.  I remember raising my hands and saying "Oh, well" as it faded to black.  A sense of TOTAL resignation/release to the inevitable conclusion.

Woke up with a start and totally disoriented (the dream was one of my almost never happens James Cameron/Technicolor/CinemaScope/7.1 ones that seemed to go on for HOURS and I remembered damn near all of it upon waking).  

That NEVER happens to me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:14:58 AM EDT
[#21]
So, the "If you die in your dream you die in real life" theory is obviously right out. For those who went the distance, to the point of "dying," what do you suppose it says about the possibility that you've lived before and/or might again? Are there circumstances in your lives that may have influenced this particular dream or was it just another variety of oddness thrown in by a perverse subconscious, like that dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#22]
i had one of those I can fly dreams once that was awesome!  

Until the midair with a PSA 727 ....dammit..
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:37:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You were a 172 in your dream?  

(was in San Diego when PSA 182 crashed)
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I had a dream once where I was on some sort of combat patrol.  I had an MP-40, and I would fire it into someone, dumping the whole mag but they just wouldn't die.  I kept shooting and shooting and nothing would happen.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I have dreams almost every week that entail a farmhouse, and zombies attacking. I always have some shitty little pistol or .22 rifle and NO ammo. Or I have a little ammo, but the gun won't work. I just run and run until I find something hefty to bash some heads with. I hate not having my AK in my zombie dreams.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:52:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Shroom induced dreams.... mmmmmmm
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#27]
... neglected clicking on this thread as long as I could

... that said, if nothing else ARFCOM is a little, microcosm window into the real world for us to all see a bit how a certain population really are. To wit, there are some truly fucked up individuals out there
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#29]
It means you want to have sex with your mother

and kill your father

and you're gay

and you're worried about the size of your penis

and you're gay

and you have a fear of abandonment

and you're gay.

Mainly it's because you're gay.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You were a 172 in your dream?  

(was in San Diego when PSA 182 crashed)

the dream was about 10 years after that ..but I remember the actual crash well...
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:42:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I have these dreams where I catch myself trying to stuff 7.62x39 into my AR.  Who *KNOWS* what kinda Freudian shit that indicates!
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:11:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I remember reading in a book about dreams that dreaming of death actually means new life, or something.

Probably BS, but a bit more hopeful than 'you're gonna die', I thought...
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:35:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I would try changing whatever substance you have been smoking to something a little less strong.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:46:22 AM EDT
[#34]
The most vivid dream I ever had was back in 1991.  Had a fever of 104 degrees and was living down in the basement of the house.

I was leading a company of soldiers dressed in plate and chain mail, swords and shields for weapons.  We spent the day fighting the enemy (not certain 'who') and then we heard that the King was dead.  The company began shouting that the King was dead and we started running across the battlefield to where he was.  My left arm got cut off about midway up the forearm and my right leg just above the knee and I kept running.  

Woke up screaming my head off about the king being dead.  Mom head me scream from three floors up and came down to see what was wrong.  It took her ten minutes to convince me it was a dream.

But as for the OP, I have heard that death in a dream means new life, possibly a baby.  If you see a baby being born to someone who doesn't have one it means that they will die.  

Of course, that is complete BS.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#35]
The most vivid death dream was years and years ago. for some reason, one by one, my whole family except my father was hit by cars crossing the street. Then I was walking down the sidewalk one day and started crossing the street and then a car hit me and it all went black and I woke up with a jump.

I've also had dreams where I've been in combat in various places (mostly Iraq) and have gotten shot. I've never actually experienced my own death in a dream, though. I mean..I saw the car coming and I've seen where the bullet was fired from but as soon as they hit me, it just goes black and I wake up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#36]
There is a way to take control of your dreams, to a point anyway. I think it was called Astro traveling?? It's something along the lines of self hypnosis and REM dreaming.

If you are serious about it, and usually without trying it will happen. The first time it happened to me I didn't know what it was and scared the hell out of me... I was laying there and I hear a very loud pop, like a .25 going off within the room. I sat up instantly thinking someone was there to kill me.

Some years later I heard about that astro traveling deal, and looked it up thinking it would be neat to take over my dreams. In researching it, I found out that it was actually the cause of that pop... I have been unable to purposely get it to happen again since that first time, but it has happened on it's own a few times after that one.

IIRC, what happens is you are very relaxed, practically detached from your body, relaxed. You roll your eyes up into your head as if you are looking through your forehead and after awhile you are supposed to hear the pop.
... I have been able to modify my dreams this way but, never far enough to hear that sound again.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:59:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I will add the freaky dream here.

My wife was pregnant.  She woke up one morning and told me the following dream.

"In the dream my late father (died 6 months prior) and her brother (died 3 months prior in a car accident) were each holding a baby and looking at my wife sadly".  We discussed the dream and thought it was pretty out there but didn't attach any particular significance to it.  2 weeks later we went in for a sonogram.  Sonogram revealed that she was expecting twins but something had happened and they ended up being still born.

To this day we still talk about that dream.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:12:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
To wit, there are some truly fucked up individuals out there

The OP is "fucked up" because he had a dream?

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

"In the dream my late father (died 6 months prior) and her brother (died 3 months prior in a car accident) were each holding a baby and looking at my wife sadly".  We discussed the dream and thought it was pretty out there but didn't attach any particular significance to it.  2 weeks later we went in for a sonogram.  Sonogram revealed that she was expecting twins but something had happened and they ended up being still born.

Wow, that's rough    Sorry, dedfella.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, that's rough    Sorry, dedfella.

I should have said that we tried 1 more time following this and now have a beautiful 6 month old daughter.  No dreams of note during that pregnancy.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I have dreams almost every week that entail a farmhouse, and zombies attacking. I always have some shitty little pistol or .22 rifle and NO ammo. Or I have a little ammo, but the gun won't work. I just run and run until I find something hefty to bash some heads with. I hate not having my AK in my zombie dreams.

That there is sig line material.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
So, the "If you die in your dream you die in real life" theory is obviously right out. For those who went the distance, to the point of "dying," what do you suppose it says about the possibility that you've lived before and/or might again? Are there circumstances in your lives that may have influenced this particular dream or was it just another variety of oddness thrown in by a perverse subconscious, like that dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

The part about the little pickles cracks me up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
To wit, there are some truly fucked up individuals out there

The OP is "fucked up" because he had a dream?

No shit. That's the same logic as your girlfirend or wife getting pissed at you cause you kissed someone else in her dream
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
i14.tinypic.com/44aokqx.jpg

I'm sorry, but that photo seems so out of place, and yet, so appropriate, all at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#46]
What did you eat and drink that day/night before you went to bed.

Garlic can fuck up your dreams as well as Gin.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, whatEVER your excuse is for a dream like that, it has a lot to say about your subconscious.  

IMHO, you ought to have a speak with a good close friend, and ask him/her if they've seen you doing anything unusual.  Wouldn't hurt to also see a professional too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top