Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2006 9:20:12 PM EDT
My mom was in the produce section this evening when she noticed two scumbags (poor hygiene, unkempt looking) making target glances at her and her purse. She reached into her purse and put her hand on the SIG P-239 I gave her. She looked into the eyes of one of the scumbags and said, "Ah, there's my spare mag." The two guys left rather abruptly and my mom finished buying all of her groceries unmolested.

Anyway, my intention in posting this is to remind everyone to maintain good situational awareness--it's a lot better if you can defuse such situations rather than have to shoot it out in a public location.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for your mom!  Glad we still have real American mothers here.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My mom was in the produce section this evening when she noticed two scumbags (poor hygiene, unkempt looking) making target glances at her and her purse. She reached into her purse and put her hand on the SIG P-239 I gave her. She looked into the eyes of one of the scumbags and said, "Ah, there's my spare mag." The two guys left rather abruptly and my mom finished buying all of her groceries unmolested.

Anyway, my intention in posting this is to remind everyone to maintain good situational awareness--it's a lot better if you can defuse such situations rather than have to shoot it out in a public location.

+1 Preach it.

Situational awareness is key.  I am condition yellow at all times in public.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#3]
yikes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Way to go mom!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#5]
"Stop!  Or my mom will shoot!"
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah ... I'm trying to increase my awareness too ...

One of the guys (X- Marine), I work with, was going in to Kroger (HOU area grocery), as he was parking his vehicle, some trashy dressed scumbag was running through the parkinglot, being chased by 3 employees.

The 3 grabbed him... stripped him of about 5 or 6 cans of BABY MILK FORMULA ( this stuff is about 20 bucks a can ), and apparently let him go.

My friend shopped, got his stuff, and while leaving the store - the SAME SHITHEAD DUDE WAS OUTSIDE... the shithead followed him to his vehicle, eyeballing his cart all the way ...
The X-Marine stiff armed him in the chest, and asked what he wanted... the filthy ass just left without saying a word.

If the moron had picked an elderly female, he more than likely would have taken what he wanted.

So I asked my buddy..since he does not want to pack a handgun ..
" what you have done if he pulled a knife, or a pistol on ya ? "
He instantly showed ME how he would have hit him in the throat.... ( kind of a close demonstration but I got the idea ).....
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to hijack your thread but this brings back memories of my moms little run in herself.

Long story short she started her life pretty anti-gun but had no problems with me owning guns.  Fast forward about 15 years and she calls me as she has decided that she needs a gun living on her own.  I of course obliged and took her shopping where i bought her a nice Glock 27 (only gun she liked as she is a very petite lady).

Fast forward now about 4 years and that pistol came in handy afterall.  She told me that one day she was sitting in the living room and noticed somebody was staring in her window.  So she walked into her room, retrieved her pistol (always loaded of course), stuck a towel over it, and proceeded to go back in the living room.  She sat down on her recliner with the pistol in her hand under the sink towel as she had decided that when he attempted to come through the window she was going to shoot him.  

Of course i was mad that she didnt call the cops from her bedroom but she merely stated she felt it would just be easier to shoot him so she sat there a little longer then made eye contact with him and told him something to the effect that if he came through that screen she was going to kill him and lifted the pistol from teh towel.  I guess he hauled ass and that was that.  She closed the window and went to bed with her pistol.

God how ya gotta love a mom with a pistol.  And she's pretty deadly too with that damn thing so i woudlnt mess with her.

Take care and good for your mom!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Tell your mom if anyone gets too sketchy to shoot them in the toodles.  Preferrably with a greasegun or other automatic weapon.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
He instantly showed ME how he would have hit him in the throat.... ( kind of a close demonstration but I got the idea ).....

Pretty weak.

Marine or not, bullets travel faster than hands.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]
but you can't draw your gun faster than a gun or knife that's already out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty weak.

Thanks, -FortyFiveAutomatic-
At arms length, you may feel pretty good about holding a .45 ...
Don't forget, there are people that could strip you of that weapon, and pistol whip your ass to death with it....
Probably not a piece of shit crackhead.... though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty weak.

S'okay. We're taught that if we can't win, at least take the bastard with us.

btw to the OP, it's 'Former Marine', not 'X' - although there are some of us that ought to be X-communicated.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
(X- Marine)

There is no such thing as an X-Marine, once a marine always a marine. They're inactive marines.

P.S. My mom is a better shot than me :(
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... stripped him of about 5 or 6 cans of BABY MILK FORMULA ( this stuff is about 20 bucks a can ), and apparently let him go.

Baby formula is used in making meth. I doubt he was stealing it to feed a baby.

Baby formula theft is so pervasive around here, it's kept locked up behind glass cases and you have to request a clerk get it for you.

Ban powdered milk!  For the children!
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Girl I know from work is getting herself a 2nd Glock. She wants to keep it in the truck for feminine protection.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:23:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:58:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#19]
It's a good thing that she had eye-balled them and that they didn't get a chance to snatch her purse with her P239 in it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:50:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
It's a good thing that she had eye-balled them and that they didn't get a chance to snatch her purse with her P239 in it.

Yeah, no kidding. I routinely give her shit for carrying that way, but she's obese and is reluctant to buy any new pants that will accomodate an appropriate belt until she loses weight.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding. I routinely give her shit for carrying that way, but she's obese and is reluctant to buy any new pants that will accomodate an appropriate belt until she loses weight.

wake @ 5am

20-30 minutes of cardio before breakfast

breakfast = 4oz of oatmeal and 4 egg whites
mid-morning = protein bar
lunch = chicken breast, sweet potato and broccoli
mid-afternoon = protein bar
dinner by 6pm = chicken breast (or other lean meat, like fish), carrots and asparagas

sleep by 9pm

she'll healthily burn a couple of pounds a week.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:09:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Girl I know from work is getting herself a 2nd Glock. She wants to keep it in the truck for feminine protection.

For those not-so-fresh days?

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Tell her we are all so proud of her.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Tell your mom if anyone gets too sketchy to shoot them in the toodles.  Preferrably with a greasegun or other automatic weapon.  

but only if she's in a tactical wheelchair
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top