Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2001 2:12:05 PM EDT

I'm curious: what did happen to the whiners and sudden peaceniks in the military in the Gulf War, and later? Did they go to Leavenworth? Were they sent to the front? Did they get a dishonorable discharge?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I know of one, a female physician that was in my old unit.  She refused to go to Desert Storm, was court martaled,and did indeed go to Leavenworth.  Shewas released early though, probably thru some feel good pressure on the military by the past president or his croonies.
Last year her sone was raising hell at one of the local schools because they had a Junior ROTC
program.  I nearly poped a cork over that!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
We go through this at the begining of every war. Its just part of what you go through with a volunteer army. Just court-martial and be done with them, its worse to try to force them to cooperate.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no problem with conscientious objectors, since at least they are not trying to cheat by going in, taking the money/bennies and then trying to weasel out of it. Of course, COs stay home while others get in harm's way- but that's another issue.

It's the deadbeats I can't stand, like the whiners who say, "I didn't think I'd actually have to go to war- I want out!" or some such- in an ideal world, I'd stick them on the side of a tank, for use as impromptu "body armor"....
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I have only 3 months of my 8 year obligation to the IRR left, I ETS'd 3 years ago from active duty and would go in a heart beat if they called me back. I was a E-5 in air defense artillery ,14R. i even called the USAR and updated my address in contact info.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
But I only joined for the college money...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top