Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2001 10:54:40 PM EDT
1. In the '70s 80's and 90s the idea was to deny terrorists the media coverage they sought -they merely upped the anti so we had to pay attention.

2. Every once in a while the big dog HAS to get off the porch and show the other dogs in the neighborhood WHY you don't want the big dog to ever get up.

3. Extremely violent, public, messy, well executed acts of war keep the dog on the porch for longer periods.

4. The reason why they think we dont have the stomach for it: these people have been at war for the better part of 22 years - and arguablely they beat Russia. Anything - even the possibility of war may be a step up for these people.

5. These people have a war not with Americans, but with America. That means our way of life. I like to shop in an Albertsons as opposed to an open air market. I like civil liberties as opposed to men with automatic weapons on the street corner.

6. Every third worlder on the face of the earth would kill for the opportunity to switch places with YOU right now.

7. If it must be, I would gladly go and give my life to protect the American way of life such that some young kid can enjoy what I have and maybe make the world a better place.

We often fail to remember the sacrifices made on our behalf by others.

Let us not forget these endevors or those that were lost - not because of anything they did but because they were American.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Very well said.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not mean to be pedantic, but shouldn't that be "brass tacks?"

I agree with what you're saying, especially that we've forgotten what was sacrificed to make this country what it is.  We have bowed to political correctness and forgotten our history because of the imperfect parts.  Maybe some will be reminded and encouraged to remember.

God Bless Texas

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Extremely well said...

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
... good observations
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought this had something to do with passing a tax on brass that would drive up the price of ammo.  Well, it's a good post anyway . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top