Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2006 9:13:03 PM EDT
Many of the top guitar, bass, and drum tab sites are down due to a law suit that say's that it is stealing music, what the fuck
Icon

here
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
This had happened a few times. I've been getting tabs online since my modem was a 2400bps dial up on a 486/25. They will be back might take a while, but they will be back.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It's another RIAA scheme to bleed people dry.

Let's face it folks-Tab/music books sales have NEVER been a big money maker for bands.

Sides, the tabs posted online are what someone how it is played. If it was taken from a book..that would be a ripoff.

Honestly, if I was in a band at that level, I would be stoked that someone took the time to figure out the song. Heck, I might even email them corrections!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Many have been down for months and months - possibly more. No action was taken, the publishers simply threatened a suit and most sites closed. I'm not sure what's open since I don't use them much, but it was the big thing there for awhile on all the guitar boards. I think 911tabs is still open. Some may want to fight this, and I hope they do. I know that association of music teachers, or something similar, is ready to fight this.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
That is retarded.

In that case, why not shut off public access to the US P&T Office's records?
Stealing music is stealing music... Having instructions is not stealing the product.

Knowledge is knowledge until it is put into use.

I see no difference here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top