Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2006 5:05:43 PM EDT
Move over Bettie Page.  I have a new fantasy girl.

Hope
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I second the nomination.  She is amazing.  Ooooh!!!  I have a Best Buy gift card I have yet to use.  I am going to buy a new CD tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting music. I must admit, I've never heard them before. A gap in my musical education, I guess.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Interesting music. I must admit, I've never heard them before. A gap in my musical education, I guess.

Mazzy Star has been around for years.  Hope makes the group what it is. Her voice and looks are killer!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had a thing for her for years.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember reading about them in the NME and Melody Maker when I lived in Germany in the mid/late '80s, but there were so many bands scrabbling for a record contract, I just never got to hear half the ones I read about. IIRC it took them a while to get known.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the term you are looking for here is "Yipe!"

She make Koko heart go POUND POUND!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Mazzy Star is great. Don't underestimate Dave Roback's guitar. It takes guts to play that slow.

Mazzy Star is dormant (dammit) and Sandoval is doing solo stuff as the Warm Inventions. Bavarian Fruit Bread is the only album I've got from them.

Fade into You: youtube.com/watch?v=VddShgx5Ahg

I don't think "Into Dust" got a video. Bitchin song though.
youtube.com/watch?v=Klpem-Zx33Q&mode=related&search= (no Hope, just a fan video.)

Excellent music for 3 AM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top