BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2006 2:50:05 PM EDT
Do You have them in Your area?
What was their attitude/treatment like towards an "average Civilian?"
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
When I lived in NJ there were places like that. I have been in shops that wouldnt sell silloutte targets to anyone without a badge....seen ranges that would not allow civilians to wear holsters since none of them had carry permits....had LEO only sections.

Thankfully I dont see that crap around here.
If it exists, I dont know about it.

Really annoying.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Most around here cater to everyone, those with Creds or a Mil id dont pay sticker price.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
We have one here, he will not sell guns/cuffs to "civilians". But he will sell other "non-dangerous" items.

Funny thing is, he is damn expensive, even for the LEO guys. He preys on the rookies.

And finally, he is a dick.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Most around here cater to everyone, those with Creds or a Mil id dont pay sticker price.  

I think I've been to every gun store in the lower half of My state at least once-
ranging from the Most "Tacticalist" LE/Mil "specialty shops" to the ones crammed with more
Deer heads, antlers, pelts and Daniel Boone shit hanging all over the place than guns.

The place I visited today had Me totally miffed.....
Especially after verifying the fact over the phone 4 times(3 with the same receptionist and once to verify with another location, all seperate calls)that I was indeed, a lowly "peasent", and that It
would be no problem to drive 45 min. out and come and pick up My measly order(2  50 rd.boxes of Speer 9mm
124 gr +P GDHPs).............
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I've been to every gun store in the lower half of My state at least once-
ranging from the Most "Tacticalist" LE/Mil "specialty shops" to the ones crammed with more
Deer heads, antlers, pelts and Daniel Boone shit hanging all over the place than guns.

Especially after verifying the fact over the phone 4 times(3 with the same receptionist and once to verify with another location, all seperate calls)that I was indeed, a lowly "peasent", and that It
would be no problem to drive 45 min. out and come and pick up My measly order(2  50 rd.boxes of Speer 9mm

What, they wouldnt sell it to you?  Total BS!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Same here, only one.  They have the best holster selection but everything else their is pointless to me.  Galls is usually cheaper too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What, they wouldnt sell it to you?  Total BS!

Here's the scoop,
I found the website online. It states that they are a LE Supply distributer, but for the life of Me
I could not find an LE ONLY Disclaimer on the site/nor have I ever been discriminated By any "LE/MIL" vendor/shop,etc. They had the best prices in the area on 9 mil 124 gr. +P GDs
in the rare 50 rd. Pack for a quoted $14.95 LE discount and $18.95 for everybody else.
Good deal, since at least 4 to 5 vendors in My area carry the exact SAME(always been legal for civi-sale)rounds
except they are packaged in 20 rd boxes at $20 +.

I call in the morning to verify if they had any in stock.

The receptionist abruptly says "no", without checking and says she thinks she has some .357.
OKkaaay, she doesn't seem to
comprehend make, caliber, weight and type of bullet very well. I'll call back later.

I call their main location, and they said they have the ammo in stock and that the other store should have it as well.
They ask if I'm LE, I say No, than ask if they are open to the public. They say yes, Come pick it up.

I call the location I planned to visit a second time around noon, get a different receptionist.
I very cleary state the ammo I'm looking for. She says they have plenty in stock and asks if I'm LE.
I say no, but their main store/warehouse is open to the public and inquire if  this location is too? She says yes,
No problem and I can come pick it up.

Before I left. I called to double check one more time to make sure the receptionist had the exact ammo i specified.
She said Yes and I'll set it aside for You.

I drive 45 min. in backed up traffic due to construction, only to enter a hole in the wall of an establishment,
with minimal visible stock. If it weren't for the cheesy BlackHawk vests hanging up, a couple beat to hell Glocks and a rusty Sig I would have assumed they sold cheap swords and rubber dog piles.

I ask the only dude in the "Shop" if He has the ammo I called about, He says yes, than proceeds to ask if I'm LE, I say no: "Just a Law abiding shooter and I called this location including the main store several times to verify that this was OK and I was told no problem."

He says:"I'll need to see You're ID."

I say: "Sure."

He says: "No You need to be LE."

Now it's not like I'm dressed like a "straight up thug"(5'11 khakis, HK Sweatshirt. larue hat, short haired, well groomed, well spoken) or am twitching and drooling like some kind of tweaker.

I try to tell him that the receptionists at both store locations repeatedly said that it was OK  for a "civi" to walk in and purchase this ammo, plus Gold Dots are NOT LE only/never have been and I can go either way down the street and pick up a couple boxes for a few bucks more."

Him: "You need to be LE."

Instead of arguing with this ass-mask, I just start pointing at the most misc. shit in the
dump: "Can I by that?" pointing at a pair of scope covers.

"No, You have to be LE."

"What? Can I buy this?", pointing at a pair of worn out Duty belt keepers.

"No You have to be LE."

"How 'boudt this?" pointing at a thimble sized bottle of CLP.

"No You have to be LE."

"What about this Surefire G2? Can't I even buy a flashlight??"

"No You have to be LE."

I shrugged and said: "Well, I see where You obviously stand on a persons right to bear arms,
belt keepers and flashlights amongst other things...." turned, walked out,
drove down to the "Tacticool" Class 3 range and purchased ONE 50 rd. box of
Speer 9mm 124 gr +Ps" for $28.95. The dude at the counter was courteaous and liked to talk guns,
Whooda' thunk it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top