Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2006 7:51:12 AM EDT
S.C. Man Gets 20 Years for Trying to Dig Up Girl's Corpse to 'Take Her Home and Have Fun'
Thursday, November 02, 2006

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
YORK, S.C. —  A 23-year-old Clover man who police say tried to dig up the grave of a 12-year-old girl after seeing her picture in an obituary has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Bryan Nicholas Garcia never did find the girl's grave and told investigators he wanted to "take her home and have fun," Clover Police Lt. Randall Horn said.

Garcia pleaded guilty but mentally ill Wednesday to two charges of destruction of a graveyard. Circuit Judge John Hayes sentenced Garcia to 20 years in prison and ordered him to register as a sex offender.

Two mental evaluations found Garcia has a chemical imbalance in his brain that makes him want to have sex with corpses and children, defense attorney John Rhea said.

Garcia hasn't decided whether to appeal, Rhea said.

Garcia was arrested in May 2005 after running through a grocery store where he once worked in a full-length green coat, black sweater, camouflage gloves and a mask.

Officers searching his car found a black plastic bag, shovels, a pickax and other digging tools, prosecutor Dan Hall said.

Garcia then told police he was embarrassed because he had been trying to dig up the girl's grave, Hall said.

"He had seen the name of a little girl in the obituaries in the paper," Hall said. "He thought she was cute and he wanted to take her home."

Deputies went to the cemetery and found a hole about 3 feet deep. Garcia told them he dug at the cemetery twice, but never located the girl's body, Hall said.

Garcia, who was a National Merit Scholar at York High School, told the girl's family he was sorry. "I apologize to anyone I've hurt with my actions," he said.

Clover is about 20 miles southwest of Charlotte, N.C.

There are some seriously screwed up people in this world.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF is up with southerners?  

We just had the 3 guys that tried to dig up a girl a couple weeks ago
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WTF is up with southerners?  

We just had the 3 guys that tried to dig up a girl a couple weeks ago

Uh, that guy is mental.  But the triplets up in WUSSCONSIN tried that same thing a few months ago.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The guy who had sex with the dead dog is all like "At least I'm not that guy! That's messed up!"
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:56:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Absolut?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#5]
STOP PUTTING PICTURES OF GIRLS IN THE FUCKING OBITUARIES!!!!

What's the point, honestly?  Why the hell does someone need to see a picture of a person who just died?

Fry the sick pieces of shit who are doing this.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#6]
20 years?

I can pretty well guarantee that there are guys who managed to successfully molest live 12 year olds who got less time.

20 years for failing to commit graverobbery is way the hell out of line.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
20 years?

I can pretty well guarantee that there are guys who managed to successfully molest live 12 year olds who got less time.

20 years for failing to commit graverobbery is way the hell out of line.

Bullshit.

I don't want a sick fuck like that walking around.  You can GUARANTEE that the guy would molest a LIVE 12 year old girl if he had the chance.

He should be executed, period.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#8]
He knew right from wrong.  He needs to be locked up forever.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#9]
If she would have been alive, would he have still got 20 years?  
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#10]
He was arrested for running through a store in a green coat, gloves, and mask?

There's more to that than they're saying.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Didn't Warren Zevon have a song that covered this subject?

which I heard playing in the background at the bank one day........I had to laugh
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

which I heard playing in the background at the bank one day........I had to laugh

"Exciteable Boy".  He didn't have sex with little Suzie's corpse though, "he dug up her grave and made a cage with her bones".
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Exciteable Boy".  He didn't have sex with little Suzie's corpse though, "he dug up her grave and made a cage with her bones".

Your right....I had to look it up. I hadn't heard it in along time, but still funny to hear it played in a bank......man I'm old
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top