Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 4:25:25 PM EDT
Wow - from the stories I have heard, I never would have believed this - but this guy just went up a notch or two on my chart.

BLUF:  He had signed on to do the narration for an anti-Schwarzeneggar documentary (Baldwin has always been openly against his politics) - but backed out when he realized it was a dishonest smear piece.

A snip:

Baldwin, who could not be reached for comment Monday, wrote that he asked that his voice be removed and said he returned payment. He also had his attorney issue a cease-and-desist demand against the filmmakers.

apnews.excite.com/article/20061101/D8L3UMTO0.html
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#1]
He's still an asshat.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy is trash, no matter what he does the rest of his life.

He will always be trash.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm with Bohr.  Many people will have differing, even RADICALLY so ideas about things.  If one goes about his beliefs with integrity towards them, I respect that, though I may find those beliefs to be wrong.  Integrity deserves respect, no matter from whom.  Don't get me wrong, yup, he's an asshat.  But, at least as demonstrated here, an asshat with an integrity I will respect.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
How much would you bet that asshat would do a smear peice against Bush??
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF, he has smeared Bush with his voice. Here it is just professional courtesy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
He knows tha Arnold will beat his pathetic ass if he tells lies on him.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
He probably backed out when his agent told him it would be a public relations suicide. I doubt it had anything to do with integrity.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea wife beaters deserve your respect…
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
He knows tha Arnold will beat his pathetic ass if he tells lies on him.

Actually, from the sounds of it he had finished the entire narration.  He had no problems with it unitl he saw the imagery and how they were piecing it together - sounds like a Michael Moore wannabe in the making.

Again, the guy is by most accounts a douchebag with FAR left leanings.  Still, the fact that he won't allow his name to be associated with a movie that apparently goes beyong political attacks and enters into personal things and unsubstantiated insinuation - puts him above many of his Hollywood lefty peers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No, the integrity he showed, in this particular case, deserves respect.  As I age, I'm learning to see the shades of grey I've always missed.  Not everything is absolute.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, the integrity he showed, in this particular case, deserves respect.  As I age, I'm learning to see the shades of grey I've always missed.  Not everything is absolute.

Bunk

No gray area when it comes to beating women.

If Baldwin removed himself from this project it was for some reason you or I will never know and had nothing to do with his integrity. If he had any integrity he would be living elsewhere as he promised
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]
As soon as Mr Baldwin moves out of the country as he swore he would if GW won again, I "may" take him seriously.  Until then, he is just another hollyweird blowhard.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bunk

If Baldwin removed himself from this project it was for some reason you or I will never know and had nothing to do with his integrity. If he had any integrity he would be living elsewhere as he promised

OK, it's all good.  Not gonna worry about it.  You're right, beating women is bad, I had forgotten about that.  I'll never, ever say anything even remotely positive about anyone with whom I have disagreements about politics/lifestyle choices again.  Have a happy Halloween!  Goodness.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

... If he had any integrity he would be living elsewhere as he promised

I have been hearing that on and off for years - since at least the right after the 2000 election season.  I have still yet to see anyone provide solid proof to that regard.  The whole story started with second-hand info his then-wife Kim Basinger supposedly told some tabloid.

Either way - when word got to him that he allegedly said that - he made it abundantly clear that he had no such plans to leave the country if Bush was elected.  He also made this clear well before the elections took place.  SO all of htose people who then made remark about him leaving AFTER the results came out - were wither speaking out of pure ignorance or were intentionally ignoring the comments Baldwin made when the story made it to him months prior.

Constantly repeating something for 6 years does not make it any more true.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
He's still an asshat.

And a squashed penis
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bunk

OK, it's all good.  Not gonna worry about it.  You're right, beating women is bad, I had forgotten about that.  I'll never, ever say anything even remotely positive about anyone with whom I have disagreements about politics/lifestyle choices again.  Have a happy Halloween!  Goodness.

You first mistake was to come to my defense here in Arfcom.  I have a unique talent for drawing a crowd of stone throwers.  Cool thing is, it gives me new nicknames.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Why is Baldwin still in the USA?  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#18]
baldwin must have done the voice over from france where he now lives, right?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You first mistake was to come to my defense here in Arfcom.  I have a unique talent for drawing a crowd of stone throwers.  Cool thing is, it gives me new nicknames.

Oh Please….

Poor thing... play the innocent victim… drop it, you knew exactly the reaction you would get when you posted this and you got it, you stir shit and it gets on you.

If you respect Alec Baldwin that says all that needs to be said.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Please….

Poor thing... play the innocent victim… drop it, you knew exactly the reaction you would get when you posted this and you got it, you stir shit and it gets on you.

+1. What a fucktard.  Both of them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I give a little respect to Baldwin over this.  He may often be in the wrong as far as we're
concerned,  but he apparently won't knowingly participate in an outright lie, or lie himself.
Which seems to set him apart from most of the democrats you've ever heard of.  

I grant him one point for that.   And another point for being entertaining in "Beetlejuice".

But that's about all I can give him at this point.  

CJ
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Proud member of F.A.G.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Please….

Well, actually I came across a news article that surprised me and that I thought would be of interest to some folks here.

I failed to predict the usual ignorant knee-jerk political bullshit that has become all too common around here.

This place is looking more and more like DU every day.

Last I checked, we gun owners were supposed to be the more educated bunch - who had the facts on our side - we don't need to invent, distort, or ignore the truth.

If you can't see the silver lining in a die hard leftist refusing to let his name be lent to support another Michael Moore wannabe - so be it.  As for me, I'll take my good news where I can.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The guy is trash, no matter what he does the rest of his life.

He will always be trash.

no, having certain beliefs don't make you trash, unethical behavior makes you trash, and he demonstrated surprisingly good judgment here, so give the guy a little credit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
As soon as Mr Baldwin moves out of the country as he swore he would if GW won again, I "may" take him seriously.  Until then, he is just another hollyweird blowhard.

no you wouldn't - all you'd talk about was how he abandoned his Country!  what you have said here actually lacks integrity.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Thanks, that saved me a bit of typing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no you wouldn't - all you'd talk about was how he abandoned his Country!  what you have said here actually lacks integrity.

He is an asshat no matter what.  Did I insult your hero?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bunk

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#29]
respect should be given where it is due.

Whenever anyone, left or right uses connotations of Nazis to smear a a political foe (as it happens very, very often) it is a disgrace to public political discourse.

He may not be a saint, but he did the right thing here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top