Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 4:49:22 PM EDT
In a terrorist or SHTF senario what gear is needed to make it throught it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
#1 is your head/brain.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Number 2 would be some reliable friends.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the guns, mags, ammo, water purification, mre's, matches, fuel bars, pack, and various weapons to arm my neighbors with. This whole thing has me wondering if there is anything I am missing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Just wonderimg if you're just stowing this away or have something to carry it with(ruck like ALICE or something) if not I would get one. How about a protective mask(gas) Also what about ballistic protection: vests and helmets. I belive the topic of transportation was discussed here a while back. If computers are all knocked out modern cars won't function. I think 1960 and later are computer free.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Some kind of plan to get everyone to a safe place.

Communications (don't count on your cell phone working).

Contacts in another area if you can't stay where you are.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If computers are all knocked out modern cars won't function.
View Quote

Sorry, not true.  They would have to knock out the chip in YOUR car specifically, which would mean millions of personal visits just to deactivate cars.... nope, dont think so.[whacko]

Louis
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#8]
It will have to be a hand crank Diesel to be completely nuke proof, even simple electronics/wiring will still short out from EMP.

Food, water, Shelter = (tent, sleeping bag), Something to Carry these items in, a SURifle, Ammo, First Aid kit, Water purification, Canteen, Gas Mask, plastic waterproof poncho, a Good light weight knife, Spoon, Matches/Magnesium stick, propane/fuel stove, lantern, Ballistic protection, good boots, Salt tablets, rope/string, Metal pot,

also...pen and paper, local topographical maps, a good compass, some tin foil, zip lock bags, small 9 volt radio, mole skin and talc for blisters, hat, gloves, wool blanket or insulite pad, insect repellant, small plastic shovel, Toilet paper in a sealed plastic bag - good for starting fires as well as wiping, Swiss army knife, metal mirror, wind up watch,

extras - vitamins, any medications, more ammo, fishing line, treble hooks, floating bait, you don't need a pole - as a canteen makes for a good hand line caster and spool, can opener, binoculars, small hand towel, machete, portable wet stone,
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If computers are all knocked out modern cars won't function.
View Quote

Sorry, not true.  They would have to knock out the chip in YOUR car specifically, which would mean millions of personal visits just to deactivate cars.... nope, dont think so.[whacko]

Louis
View Quote

I believe the post was about EMP bombs that send pulses through the air and destroy computers. Yes it is possible and real.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It will have to be a hand crank Diesel to be completely nuke proof, even simple electronics/wiring will still short out from EMP.

Food, water, Shelter = (tent, sleeping bag), Something to Carry these items in, a SURifle, Ammo, First Aid kit, Water purfication, Canteen, Gas Mask, plastic waterproof poncho, a Good light wieght knife, Spoon, Matches/Magnesium stick, propane/fuel stove, lantern, Ballistic protection, good boots, Salt tablets, rope/string, Metal pot,

extras - vitamins, any medications, more ammo, fishing line, treble hooks, floating bait, you don't need a pole - as a canteen makes for a good hand line caster, can opener,
View Quote

Thanks,
that's what I was looking for
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I would like to add a short-wave radio.  The reason is that if you remember during the Granada Invasion, Reagan restricted the U.S. news media from any of that stuff until much later.  If something awlful happen in the U.S., and you will hear about from the outside.  Its cheap, at Fry's they sell for about $50-60U.S.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Some additional items:

1.  fuel (for generators, etc...) -- SAFELY stored.

2.  NBC (nuclear - biological - chemical warfare) protective gear  --  GOOD quality gas mask and filter.  NOT those shitty Israeli surplus masks.

go to  [url]www.asod.org[/url]  these guys are GOOD!

3.  surefire flashlight w/ ton of lithium batteries.

4.  leave your electronic safe UNLOCKED or replace the lock with a mechanical lock.  (EMP !  duh....)  

5.  Potassium Iodide or Iodate (KI or KI03)
see the asod link above for that stuff too...
Top Top