Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 2:51:28 PM EDT
I have been looking at getting a couple of new rifles and have been keeping my eye out for a deal. Well today on gunbroker.com I find a good deal on one of the rifles that I have been looking for and begin to look into it. I notice that the seller is selling two more items, and what do you know, another rifle on my short list is setting there at a good price. So I sent the seller an email asking what kind of deal we could work out if I bought both, thinking maybe he would atleast combine shipping cost. I get this in a response email
Would you mind my asking why you wish to buy both rifles?
So I am like wtf I am trying to take two rifles off his hands and he gets all suspicious. So I send him an email back and ask if it is illegal to own more than one rifle, and kindly let him know that if he is not willing to help "arm my 2 gun militia" that I will conduct my business with someone else. Anyway what do you think about this? Is there a legit or legal reason for him to ask this or is he just being paranoid?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
He's being a tad paranoid, but not without some form of reason. At least in his eyes, personally I'd be more concerned as to why he's selling multiple weapons at once.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
He's probably afraid your'e from Nigeria and going to send him a check for $5000.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Gun broker is full of neat people.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the question is a bit odd.
Anytime I get weird stuff like that from a seller it sends up a red flag.
Do business with this guy at your own discretion.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He's probably afraid your'e from Nigeria and going to send him a check for $5000.

My first thought when people ask me for more than what I'm selling
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My first thought when people ask me for more than what I'm selling

He is selling both rifles, just each in their own auction
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The Nigeria check scam would have been my guess also....

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#8]
he's just being an asshat, my guess.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Is he a dealer (i.e., FFL)?

If not, he's worried you're with the Bureau of ATF(E) and you want to purchase evidence of his unlicensed "as a business" sales.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
How do you pay him,,with a CC or a money order? i dont know as i have never bought any guns on line,,but if its a CC or a money order wouldnt he have the money "IN HAND" before he sent the rifles to your FFL holder? hopefully i will learn something in this post because i have been thinking of buying a few from gunbroker
Thank you
Bob
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If not, he's worried you're with the Bureau of ATF(E) and you want to purchase evidence of his unlicensed "as a business" sales.

I went back and looked and it appears that he is an FFL. I also noticed that the last sentence says "Please take time to look at our other auctions"
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How do you pay him,,with a CC or a money order? i dont know as i have never bought any guns on line,,but if its a CC or a money order wouldnt he have the money "IN HAND" before he sent the rifles to your FFL holder? hopefully i will learn something in this post because i have been thinking of buying a few from gunbroker
Thank you
Bob

Bob, I have bought from gunbroker on several occasions and have always sent a money order, however some of the dealers on there will take a cc but you usually have to add like a 3% fee. I have also bought several items from the EE here and always use a money order.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I went back and looked and it appears that he is an FFL. I also noticed that the last sentence says "Please take time to look at our other auctions"

Well, that's just fucking weird then.

Sound's like an asshat.   I make it a point not to do business with asshats.  Drama before the sale often means drama after it.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like an idiot.  If he's going to ship it to another 01 FFL then why does he even care.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top