Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 6:35:41 PM EDT
I and the business I work for have been attacked on another forum similar to arfcom but for a different interest. (I am not in the gun business) I had a BUSINESS deal go sour and the guy is letting everyone on that particular forum believe that I and my business are crooks.

I'm not sure the best way to confront this guy. I was nothing but honest about the situation and we both worked special terms out for the deal that were more than fair. I easily investd over 10 hours into hte deal and he probably had 3 into it.

On the forum he has posted that we are a shady business to be wary of and that I am just a typical scamming salesman, which, as many of my customers have commented is as far from the truth as possible.

How would you handle the situation? Let it slide? Defend yourself on the forum? Talk to him in person?

My plan of action: (approved by the owner of the company)

1. Talk to the person in question and ask what I have done to make him say these things. Askwhat I can do to make it right. And request that he redact some of his comments.

2. If all goes well and he does redact it, stop there.
2a. If he is not responsive, go to the board and defend myself politely and answer all questions about the situation.

3. ?????

This sucks and I am not happy about it at all, let's hear it arfcom!

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have emails, post them in their entirety, without comment.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Lawyer up.

I might be wrong, but public slander of that nature is a crime.

But again, I'd contact an attorney.

Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I see this all the time on the Jeep boards...

I would go to the forum and give a timeline, and exactly what happened. If your are in the clear as far as makeing things good for this guy, then the people on that forum will see this and he will be known.

Be polite and you should be fine.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#4]
This wouldn't be Kawieriders forum would it?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lawyer up.

Keep us posted.

Slander is spoken, libel is written.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This wouldn't be Kawieriders forum would it?

nope, local to the PNW
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Draw Down.

Lawyer Up!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Start a "Fuck Arock" campaign on the guy. Let hilarity ensue.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#9]
If you can't work it out with the guy I would just post a response in the forum and leave it at that. People on the board don't have any way to know who's telling the truth so there's no point engaging the guy in a public argument. One professional post with your side of the story should be enough. If others have had good dealings with you they'll come to your defense.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lawyer up.

Keep us posted.

Slander is spoken, libel is written.

I didn't know...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Start a "Fuck Arock" campaign on the guy. Let hilarity ensue.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Be polite...offer the guys money back...

Be the good guy, while making the other guy look like an asshat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top