Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 1:48:39 PM EDT
Anyone know of a good source for getting boxes to ship rifles (mainly ARs) in? I'd rather not have to walk in to FedEx or UPS with an AR and no box and try to ship it, and I don't want to reuse old gun boxes because that's kind of unprofessional looking.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Fulton armory has nice ones but they are not cheap
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I save up old boxes I get rifles in just for this purpose because of the relative odd size of the boxes used.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You might also try your local, friendly FFL. They get rifles shipped in that way, but most customers don't take the cardboard boxes home.

And you could also use the cheap rifle case boxes at Sportman's Warehouse.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You might also try your local, friendly FFL. They get rifles shipped in that way, but most customers don't take the cardboard boxes home.

And you could also use the cheap rifle case boxes at Sportman's Warehouse.

For that matter, you can buy a cheap hard case and ship it in the case . . .

But like SS109 says, a local gun shop ought to be able to set you up — especially if you're a good customer. Otherwise, I think Brownell's sells gun boxes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]
You know the other day I was walking with one of the FedEx guys to his truck so I could give him a mailing tube filled with a roll of plans. So anyway I observe a couple of NICE looking Starlight cases in his truck and I point them out. He says "I don't know what kind of cases they are but they're rifles." I was thought to myself that he shouldn't be saying stuff like that. I then told him yeah I figured, that's what I wanted one for myself.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You know the other day I was walking with one of the FedEx guys to his truck so I could give him a mailing tube filled with a roll of plans. So anyway I observe a couple of NICE looking Starlight cases in his truck and I point them out. He says "I don't know what kind of cases they are but they're rifles." I was thought to myself that he shouldn't be saying stuff like that. I then told him yeah I figured, that's what I wanted one for myself.

I think those guys know you're shipping rifles no matter how they're packed. Whenever I order C&R rifles the drivers follow the rules about leaving packages and adult signatures to the letter. With other packages they seem more willing to bend the rules. The return addresses are always really innoculous (ususally just initials for the company name) so I figure their little computer flags the contents for them.

Of course, even if they know that doesn't mean they should be announcing contents to third parties . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top