Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 11:40:41 AM EDT
...when my roommate's girl/friend (a gun expert of course) told me that I needed a license to own guns. I told her that it isn't true by ANY stretch of the imagination but she must know more than I do....

Apparently she is into firearms and has graciously informed me that I needed a license for my three handguns.  Of course she knows this because she has "bought several handguns in the last year and was required to provide a permit and a license for each purchase."  Furthermore, she informed me that my AR would not require a license or a permit since it is "like a shotgun."  Phew!

Good thing she told me before the ATF came kicking down my door.  I'd hate to see all the neighborhood dogs shot to death because I forgot to apply for a license.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't believe you posted this on an open form that is monitored by the ATF.  You are so screwed.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#2]
You had better send them to me.....just in case.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I can't believe you posted this on an open form that is monitored by the ATF.  You are so screwed.

If you can't think of yourself then think of your dog......sheesh
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quick!

Give your roomies girl a "Pet Dog" costume for halloween and have her sit by the door passing out candy.

I'll call the BATFE.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If she were a Michigan resident the handgun "permit to purchase" and "registration" part would be true.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you can't think of yourself then think of your dog......sheesh

How true!!!

Ban posts about stupid girlfriends that don't know jack shit about gun laws.... for the dogs.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#7]
You need a handgun safety card to get a pistol here, maybe where she is from requires one as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If she were a Michigan resident the handgun "permit to purchase" and "registration" part would be true.  
He's from Ohio though, so wtf does this have to do with anything?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Nope, she's an Ohioan.  I just hope she doesn't do something stupid like call the police to report illegal weapons.  I don't feel like explaining to everyone why the police raided my place searching for illegal weapons that I don't own.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lower south east Michigan and Northern Ohio are both large population centers and in close proximity.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some cities require registration and at least one(Toledo) required a licence, much like the Ill FOID card.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, she's an Ohioan.  I just hope she doesn't do something stupid like call the police to report illegal weapons.  I don't feel like explaining to everyone why the police raided my place searching for illegal weapons that I don't own.

Well then, ask her to show you the law that you're supposedly in violation of.  That might make for some interesting entertainment.  

And my God man, I hope you are joking about her turning you in.  If this is even a remote possibility you need to consider the single life for a while.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lower south east Michigan and Northern Ohio are both large population centers and in close proximity.  

Perhaps I should provide a few more details for the sake of clarification.  I live in the Akron/Canton area, where I am free to buy whatever I want as far as pistols are concerned (for now).  She has lived here for at least the last few years, during which time she has apparently purchased a few handguns and was required to show her license/permit to do so.  

Of course there is no disputing this fact, as she clearly knows everything about everything.

ETA this is not my g/f.  My girlfriend knows I'm right before I even finish my sentence.  This is my roommate's friend/late-night booty call.  And I doubt she'd turn me in.  But then again I don't know her from a hole in the wall.  She is my buddy's most recent myspace TNA (as if that fact doesn't speak volumes in itself) and it was the first time I had met her.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#14]
See, if you were a sexy female, you could always just give the puppy dog face and show a little cleavage...

Or just get the permit...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Hide before the atf knock down your door
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Of course she knows this because she has "bought several handguns in the last year and was required to provide a permit and a license for each purchase."

Did you ask to see her permit and license?

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course she knows this because she has "bought several handguns in the last year and was required to provide a permit and a license for each purchase."

Did you ask to see her permit and license?

Yeah really, that would be interesting to see.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If she were a flying pig, I'd recommend the OP wear a hat.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top