Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 8:17:52 AM EDT
Just kiddin'.  Funny how guys in a bar are political barometers.

PITT SHOCKED BY ANTI-AMERICAN ATTITUDE

Also see:
BRAD PITT

BRAD PITT discovered how unpopular America is across the globe when a group of drunk Dutchmen threatened to kill him because of his nationality. Pitt ran into the partygoers while he was in Amsterdam shooting OCEAN'S TWELVE, and the incident shocked him. He says, "I get a bike wherever I go and I went for a midnight ride around Amsterdam. There were some guys coming out of a bar having a good time. I said, 'Excuse me,' and swerved out of the way and they started screaming, 'You f**king American. We'll f**king kill you.' "I'd never come face to face with that before - that turn in the way we are perceived in other countries
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Also see:
BRAD PITT

BRAD PITT discovered how unpopular America is across the globe when a group of drunk Dutchmen threatened to kill him because of his nationality. Pitt ran into the partygoers while he was in Amsterdam shooting OCEAN'S TWELVE, and the incident shocked him. He says, "I get a bike wherever I go and I went for a midnight ride around Amsterdam. There were some guys coming out of a bar having a good time. I said, 'Excuse me,' and swerved out of the way and they started screaming, 'You f**king American. We'll f**king kill you.' "I'd never come face to face with that before - that turn in the way we are perceived in other countries

Maybe, Brad, they were pissed that you almost ran them over?

TRG
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]
They probably hate him cause they know he did the horizontal bop with J. Lewis and never bothered to post pics.  That is the reason I hate him.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Careful...he might get an ass full of wooden shoe.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#4]
He's full of shit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Ran into the same sediment while in Germany on my way back from Afghanistan in '03 and '05...  

~Dg84
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also see:
BRAD PITT

Maybe, Brad, they were pissed that you almost ran them over? they have to wear those stupid shoes...
TRG
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#7]
How would they know he was an American if he was just passing by on a bike?  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#8]
They fully expected to get run over and Brad didn't oblige.

Bicyclers have the right away over pedestrians in Amsterdam.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Obviously, the partygoers were drunk, what to expect from people who are elibibriated?

Americans should expect that kind of treatment since the USofA is the biggest kid on the block.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#10]
My mother said that when she visited Europe, she encountered two types of Europeans: the stuck-up assholes who looked down on you for not being European, and the people who would literally offer to buy your jeans off you for some inscrutable reason.

Yeah, she said that she and all her friends were constantly getting offers (mostly in Germany) to buy their bluejeans, because apparently they were hard to find at the time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Also see:
BRAD PITT

I gotta call BULLSHIT!!!

Brad's just trying to be an attention whore - and he's already joined Clooney in the anti-America bullshit attitude. Fuck 'em all!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Well DKPROF is DANISH and from DENMARK while the people in the tidbit are DUTCH and from the NETHERLANDS.  Maybe Pitt got Denmark and the Netherland sconfused and that is what pissed them off.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well DKPROF is DANISH and from DENMARK while the people in the tidbit are DUTCH and from the NETHERLANDS.  Maybe Pitt got Denmark and the Netherland sconfused and that is what pissed them off.

they all look alike to me...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought he was a Swede

whatever, they are all the same.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Also see:
BRAD PITT

First of all, DKProf scares me too. Organizational theorists are the debil. Still, he is from Denmark, not the Netherlands, which believe it or not are two different places. It doesn't matter to us, but people from that chocolate and Windmill obsessed region of the world get all offended when you get it wrong, so...

Secondly, perhaps they just wanted to kill Brad Pitt. I wouldn't mind hitting him with a brick myself.

Thirdly....some drunken a$$holes say something stupid to him while he bikes around Amsterdam at some insanely late hour, and that is a basis upon which to judge the state of relations between the US and the Netherlands? The sample size is a bit small and skewed, there, Prof. Pitt....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ran into the same sediment while in Germany on my way back from Afghanistan in '03 and '05...  

~Dg84

That's not unexpected. The Germans hate everybody.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

That's not unexpected. The Germans hate everybody.

Except David Hasselhoff.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Except David Hasselhoff.

Which is why I hate Germans....Well, that and the bit of unpleasantness they caused in the 20th century.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Except David Hasselhoff.

Which is why I hate Germans....Well, that and the bit of unpleasantness they caused in the 20th century.

The first bit or the second bit?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Except David Hasselhoff.

Did Hasselhoff pork J. Lewis also?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The first bit makes me hate them more. Any number of nations have plunged into genocidal authoritarian societies....but liking David Hasselhof music?

That's a sign of descending to the level of severely retarded primates.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Maybe because he said "Excuse me" in American English instead of Dutch?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe they recognized him?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

~Dg84

you mean sentiment?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
They probably hate him cause they know he did the horizontal bop with J. Lewis and never bothered to post pics.  That is the reason I hate him.

If the Dutch are pissed that he porked Jerry Lewis, just imagine how the Phrench must hate him!

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

you mean sentiment?

No, I think he meant sediment.

He was using a metaphor to describe how he was pushed to the ground while in Germany.    Hence he "ran into the sediment" quite literally.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

you mean sentiment?

No, I think he meant sediment.

www.energyinst.org.uk/education/glossary/images/sediment.gif

He was using a metaphor to describe how he was pushed to the ground while in Germany.    Hence he "ran into the sediment" quite literally.

or the German people are dirt?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the Dutch are pissed that he porked Jerry Lewis, just imagine how the Phrench must hate him!

ah snap  

Me, Pitt and the french just got owned by the nutty professor
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#30]
"There are two kinds of people in this world I cannot stand.  Those that have no tolerance for people of other cultures.  And the Dutch."
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

you mean sentiment?

Yup, sure did...  Damn pre-coffee posts!

thanks,
~Dg84
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yuck!

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#33]
What a dumbass.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Spelling-fu is weak in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Canadians must get mistaken for Americans all the time then.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I doubt they would call him a 'fucking American' then.  They'd call him 'fucking Brad Pitt.'  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Check out the n00b
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#38]
check out the big brain on brad!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt they would call him a 'fucking American' then.  They'd call him 'fucking Brad Pitt.'  

Then hit with a brick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top