Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 7:06:10 AM EDT

Parliament fights over transgender MP toilet

2 hours, 11 minutes ago

Which bathroom should a "transgender" politician be using in parliament?

The thorny question rocked Italy's lower house, home to Europe's first transvestite MP, on Friday.

"You can't use this lavatory. This is the women's bathroom," Vladimir Luxuria reported being told by centre-right lawmaker Elisabetta Gardini on Friday, triggering a spat that forced the speaker of parliament to intervene.

Born male, Luxuria wears women's clothes but has not had sex-change surgery. Elected for the center-left in April, the 40-year-old former drag queen and defender of gay rights prefers to be called "she."

"I have been using women's bathrooms for years. I would have never expected an attack with such violent tones," Luxuria said.

"It would be very embarrassing for me to use the men's bathroom. For me, and for the men themselves."

Gardini, spokeswoman for Silvio Berlusconi's Forza Italia party, said she was shocked to bump into Luxuria in the bathroom. "I saw him there and I really felt sick," she said, adding she had written a protest letter to parliament officials.

"He should have a bathroom just for himself," she said. Gardini is backed by fellow centre-right lawmakers who call for the creation of a third, special "transgender" lavatory.

In the unlikely event this proposal were pursued, it would push parliamentary bathroom costs, already the subject of controversy, even higher. The belt-tightening 2007 budget sets aside over 2 million euros ($2.5 million) for soap, toilet paper and cleaning products just for the upper house, the Senate.

Centre-left MPs leapt to Luxuria's defense, with one accusing Gardini of discrimination tantamount to racism.

Parliament speaker Fausto Bertinotti called for tolerance.

"I am sorry that we should be discussing this," he said.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats okay - Transgender folks sued the NY Transit authority for the right to use the womens bathroom in this case - and won.

www.wnbc.com/news/10144499/detail.html?rss=ny&psp=news

Also, (snip) "It also calls for the MTA to hold transgender sensitivity training for its workers."

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Considering women tend to close a door behind them in a restroom,
who gives a fuck if a transgender person is in there.

I'm glad these people have no real problems to worry about.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:20:25 AM EDT
[#4]
They should probably use the ones in the local high-schools that the ACLU had built for them? Seriously, though, wasn't this an issue in California some time ago?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I could care less either way, personally. If a woman walks in to the men's room while I'm taking a piss, she's more than welcome. She has to follow the rules like every other man though, so she'd better not squat over the urinal next to me and she needs to keep her pie hole shut.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I dont know how many times I have seen a girl and guy walk into the guys bathroom and he just guards the door for her.....

Ever see how long a girls restroom line is...LOL

Guys will just piss in the sink if the stalls are full...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Guys will just piss in the sink if the stalls are full...

As it should be.  The world is my urinal.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Obviously ''Luxuria'' should go tee-tee in the men's room untill she has her peckerectamy. Then she can go to the ladies lounge where I sure she will be more at home, you know the atmosper,comradery and such.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#9]
At Boeing, the company will build a restroom for your speshul needs.

The ladies here layed the law down about our "it" usig the womens restroom.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
At Boeing, the company will build a restroom for your speshul needs.

The ladies here layed the law down about our "it" usig the womens restroom.

We had the same thing where I work once.  He, she, it. .

The problem solved itself one day when "it" went bonkers, took off all it's clothes, covererd it'self in gold spray paint and ran out of the building, never to be seen again.

I shit you not.

I can only hope ours will go away.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#12]
THere's no such thing as a "sex change"; loping your dick off and twisting your tubes doesn't make you a woman...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#13]
The one marked "other".
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I always go in the room with the "supplies" sign.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#15]
It's simple:

If you have XY chromosomes, you use the men's room. If you have XX, then you use the ladie's room.

Period.

Redefining the GENDERS of our species based solely on the lifestyle choices of some really wierd and possibly crazy people is a BAD IDEA.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Neither, they should be forced to shit in their pants, er skirt
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's simple:

If you have XY chromosomes, you use the men's room. If you have XX, then you use the ladie's room.

Period.

Redefining the GENDERS of our species based solely on the lifestyle choices of some really wierd and possibly crazy people is a BAD IDEA.

So what would a person with Kleinfelter's Syndrome do?

Klinefelter's syndrome, 47XXY or XXY syndrome is a condition caused by a chromosome nondisjunction in males; affected individuals have a pair of X sex chromosomes instead of just one, and is associated with additional risk for some medical conditions.

The XXY chromosome arrangement is one of the most common genetic variations from the XY karyotype, occurring in about 1 in 500 to 1000 male births.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It's simple:

Period.

Meh, I'm still firmly in the "don't care" camp. A transgendered midget could ride into the restroom on a donkey, for all I care. As long as him and his ass keep quiet and mind the men's room etiquette, they're fine by me. I'm in there to defacate or urinate, so any sanctity the restroom might have had has been lost in a sea of grunts and noxious odor.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

True and point taken, somebody should email her to ask:

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I could care less either way, personally. If a woman walks in to the men's room while I'm taking a piss, she's more than welcome. She has to follow the rules like every other man though, so she'd better not squat over the urinal next to me and she needs to keep her pie hole shut.

That's right.. Eyes forward, trap shut, and don't hit my shoes sister.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#21]
As to the title... ask TBK1?

IBTB (in before the ban)
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#22]
You just do your buisness out in the middle of the hall between the two restrooms
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True and point taken, somebody should email her to ask:

home.socal.rr.com/ronaski/rosie%20odonnell.jpg

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The XXY chromosome arrangement is one of the most common genetic variations from the XY karyotype, occurring in about 1 in 500 to 1000 male births.

If there's a Y, then unzip your fly.

If there's not, then go sit on the ladie's pot.

Good enough?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#25]
same shit happened at my university, they wanted to be allowed access to the women's room, well some frat guys decided they would put some sand in the TG folks vagina by dressing up as women saying they are pre op transgender and want to use the ladies rest room as well...
needless ot say when word of this hit the femanazis and all other females of the campus, there was a concensus that the sexualy confused individuals were not welcome in the ladies room.
unfortunatly school money was spent on a unisex bathroom in just about every building
these people should be institutionalised or worse...
i believe southpark has this issue covered... "look at me look at me im a dolphin, where is the bathroom for dolphins?"
"i need a 500 gallon aquarium to do my business in, why dont you accomidate for dolphins"
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If there's a Y, then unzip your fly.

If there's not, then go sit on the ladie's pot.

Good enough?

Say, that's catchy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#27]
I always wondered if you're gay and get transgendered are you still gay or are you now straight?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

but isn't that how she... nevermind.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Evening Bump
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#30]
That's ghey, GHEYGHEYGHEY!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top