Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 4:52:48 AM EDT
Thinking about looking for employment on the Federal level, and I can't find any sites for Fed employment.............any tips?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.............but I am too old and have spinal stinosis............otherwise I might

Quoted:
www.military.com/Recruiting/Home/0,13387,,00.htm

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
USAJobs.com

Sheep
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:02:41 AM EDT
[#5]
usajobs.gov
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:06:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Those two sites in the above posts nailed it.  Everything available shows up at those two, one way or another.  Both have extensive links to further info, sometimes at the specific agencies/departments involved.  For the military stuff, the .mil extension will get you anything you need, as in Army.mil, Navy.mil, etc.  At the OPM site, most jobs are listed twice.  One posting is for current .gov employees, the other is for non-.gov employees.  You have to read them both to see which one you are looking at, but this info will be on the first page you see.  

As a new employee, you could expect to come in at the lower end of the pay scales shown, without some experience or an advanced degree.  The more experience you have, the more likely you could get more money.  Over-qualification is an issue, so don't go down the scale too far in that respect.  It won't help, and can actually queer the deal, in many cases.

Hope this helps a bit.

Added:  The military sites also have civilian jobs as well, but those are usually at the OPM site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top