Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 9:47:29 PM EDT
It's not possible that something like this will ever happen in our lifetime. So why are people still facinated in this (outdated) movie?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It's not possible that something like this will ever happen in our lifetime. So why are people still facinated in this (outdated) movie?

BLASPHEMY!!!!  BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Jerico could turn out to well be a Red Dawn scenario (US invaded)

BECAUSE WE LIVE HERE!

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Fantasy entertainment.  You ever watch a movie just for fun?

Don't bet your life that a red dawn like invasion couldn't happen.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Because there is a subculture that romanticizes the concept of SHTF and their opportunity to go blasting the heck out of everything around them....fending against the evil (FILL IN THE BLANK) hoard/menace.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Your right, it couldn't happen.

Instead of the losses associated with air drops, they are just walking across our borders.

Besides, the "invader" in the scenario, would more than likely be our own government.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No shit! Soft-minded fools who spend too much time getting ready for a 'Red Dawn' scenario are just taking time away from their Zombie Uprising preps. Sheesh.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Because there is a subculture that romanticizes the concept of SHTF and their opportunity to go blasting the heck out of everything around them....fending against the evil (FILL IN THE BLANK) hoard/menace.

Amen.

I actually wrote a paper on this topic.

Adult males want a sense of hardcore violence in a justified setting, preferably as a rogue military/militia. Reddawn gives us(me) that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit! Soft-minded fools who spend too much time getting ready for a 'Red Dawn' scenario are just taking time away from their Zombie Uprising preps. Sheesh.

Those fools who waste their time preparing for zombie uprisings will be completely unprepared when the space aliens invade.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I have never been able to sit through the whole thing.

about 5-10 min after they get to the forest I get so bored.  I get up and leave/ change the channel/ hit stop
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Is already happening; not in the terms of a Soviet lighting invasion, but more of a slow trickling invasion; look at the headlines, Illegal aliens going through the border, commiting crimes and killing people and running back to the other side of the border to avoid prosecution; trucks reported stolen in border states, some loaded with chemicals like ammonium nitrate and the like.

Is not going to be like you see Russian transports streaking through the sky and parachutes falling from the sky; too obvious; it'll be a slow, covert thing and one day, you'll wake up to a different world than the one you left the night before.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those fools who waste their time preparing for zombie uprisings will be completely unprepared when the space aliens invade.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the invasion will be slow, over time with millions of people sneaking in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top