Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:01:53 PM EDT
OK.  I have been doing some thinking, & I want a car, but I can't find one that meets my criteria.  New or used, either are ok.  

I will list what features I want, & if anyone can help me that would be great.  This would be my one car, AKA, daily driver.

First off, it HAS to be a 4 door sedan, and it must be REAR wheel drive.

It has to be light weight, I am specifically ruling OUT cars like Crown Victorias, ex cop cars, and the like.  The reason I want the light weight is, I want it to handle WELL.  I am prepared to sacrifice smoothness and ride, for something glued to the pavement.  A 4,000 pound sedan just won't carve the way I want to.  Along the same lines as this, it has to have minimum front and read overhangs; for a short, aggressive look, and again... better handling.

It has to be SIMPLE.  I am NOT looking for something loaded with options.  This kinda rules out Benz and BMW.  This follows the above, extra stuff weighs more.  I do NOT want heated leather seats that scratch my ass for me.  I don't care what the tire pressure is, what the temp is outside, or what my current MPG is.  All of these things add unnecessary weight, and can BREAK.

It has to be inexpensive.  This follows the above.  Fewer options keeps the price down.  A used car would be OK, since most new cars are loaded with extra features I don't want.

The only features I want it to have are Air Conditioning, cruise, and an automatic transmission, anything else isn't really needed.  Power windows and locks would be nice, but aren't required.

I have been racking my brain for a week, & I can't think of anything that fits.  Basically I want a 4 door, sporty, stripped down, RWD, sports car.  I don't want to take an expensive car and strip it, & I just can't think of anything.

Civics and Accords aren't RWD.  Crown Vics and Older Chevy caprice's are too heavy & not built for handling.  BMW & Benz are too expensive & option laden.  It is SO hard to find RWD cars.

any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]
bumpity
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
300C/Magnum/Charger
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#4]
A price range would help.  At first glance, it looks like a BMW 3-series may be your only hope... perhaps going to the used market to find what you want.  The only other contender would be a 300C or Charger, but that's getting a little large and perhaps out of your price range.

If you're willing to upgrade from RWD to AWD, a Subaru Impreza would be an excellent choice also... they're fairly simple and relatively inexpensive in base trim.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Only thing i can think of that is RWD, 4 door, and fairly cheap are crown vics, caprices, or impalas, around the mid 90s.  
But Id say a Impala SS

You could look into a 2nd generation lincoln town car. RWD, V8 and i think they have potential to look tuff, but they may have to many creature comforts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Infiniti G35 is RWD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top