Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 6:58:07 PM EDT
Well in about 2 weeks i am heading to San Antonio TX for factory training for a fiberglass pool manufacture that i have just become a dealer for.

I am 20 years old and lived in NJ my whole life.  I've only been to 2 other states my whole life. PA and NY.  And now i am driving to TX.  I am really excited about this, and it looks like i will have some time to see the sights along the way.  On the way down i am planning on taking the direct route down, which is basically going through virginia, tenn, ark, then texas.

On the way home i am planning on going through all the coastal states on the way home.

So what are the most see sights along the way?  And what are the places i don't want to go??!?

Matt
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Vicksburg, Washington DC, Stone Mountain, GA (from a distance I doubt the park is all that different from most tourist traps), Petersburg, Richmond, VA battlefield areas, Gettysburg, Philadelphia Independence Park, Ft, McHenry, Baltimore, B&O RR Museum in Baltimore, Aberdeen Proving Ground - Museum and Mile of Tanks.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Top off your fuel tank before you get into Memphis Tennesee. Take I 240 west around Memphis to I 55 North into Arkansas. Do not stop in Memphis for any reason.

It is too bad that you didn't get a Florida non resident concealed handgun license before your trip. Most of the states that you will be driving through honor it. And it only cost $117.00

You may want to consider going through Anniston Alabama on your way back and stop it at the CMP south store.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Stop off by Beaumont in Port Arthur and say Hi to Old_Painless and TMan!

Check out the restaurants and NASA in Houston, and then hit Mikeska's BBQ joint outside of Houston headed to San Antonio.  SA's a very cool town.

HH
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 on Vicksburg, Mississippi.  Plan on spending an ENTIRE day there, though.

You have to see the old Courthouse.  Its absolutely awesome.

I've heard Fredericksburg, Virginia is quite a sight to see as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top