Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 5:29:11 PM EDT
I was unpacking some junk from my last move and found my bag of Iraqi stuff.  I have always wondered what the writing on a couple of these things meant.  If you have any idea please let me know.

I am wondering about the green and gold pin and the weird shaped thing with the pictures and writing.  I took pics of both sides of the wierd thing as there was writing on both sides.

here are some pics...

other side...

and a pic of something some of you may recognize....

"a fine blend of Iraqi and Virginia tobacco" or so the package says.  

If you have any idea what the writing means I'd appreciate your input.  I have wondered about it for a long time.  Thanks for looking.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
the metal tag says:  "Dirty Nasty Hajji # 973,181"
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I knew that one.  

No high-speed military linguists on here tonight?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The "weird shaped thing" says something about love and is signed 'Adnan on the back.

The green one appears to be r m h. No idea what that would stand for.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The "Rainbow" colored one says:

"Club Gitmo. Your tropical resort from the stress of Jihad."

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The "weird shaped thing" says something about love and is signed 'Adnan on the back.

Really?  Hrm...I wonder what it is.  Just some random trinket I guess.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
From top to bottom:

Damn your mother's rooster

My dick in your mother's rib cage

May He burn your religion

May you get swept by a catastrophe

Your mom's tits are on a pole

Dick in your eye

Do you spit or swallow?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]
My rag is weak, but it says something about being a customs violation if you take any of this shit across imperialist borders. Ala akbar bitches.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?  Hrm...I wonder what it is.  Just some random trinket I guess.  Thanks for the help.

That's the best I can do off the top of my head not having used the language in 5 years  except occasional translations on here. I'd break out the dictionaries, but the handwriting on Adnan's trinket is pretty sloppy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My rag is weak, but it says something about being a customs violation if you take any of this shit across imperialist borders. Ala akbar bitches.

customs violation eh?

I guess we'll have to arrest damn near everybody in the .mil.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]
THe metal ones are Iraqi dog tags, the symbols at the bottom are numbers probably his serial number.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the best I can do off the top of my head not having used the language in 5 years  except occasional translations on here. I'd break out the dictionaries, but the handwriting on Adnan's trinket is pretty sloppy.

Hey..it's better than I could do.  I wouldn't know where to start trying to translate that writing.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:10:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

customs violation eh?

i'd have to give back my sweet hajji helmet and canteen
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

customs violation eh?

Yea no shit and I guess someone would have to find and fire the 43,434 customs inspectors that looked through my junk between Kuwait/Germany/Andrews AFB.  

Besides all the best stuff I had ended up in an amnesty box or disassembled and tossed into the Tigris....somewhat of a "horrible boating accident".  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

customs violation eh?

Yea no shit and I guess someone would have to find and fire the 43,434 customs inspectors that looked through my junk between Kuwait/Germany/Andrews AFB.  

Besides all the best stuff I had ended up in an amnesty box or disassembled and tossed into the Tigris....somewhat of a "horrible boating accident".  

tell me about it.  i left behind a sterling with 6 magazines.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Not to hijack, but I wonder if anyone got this home.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Yep and all those AK's still in the cosmoline.  

My team was helping out some 5th group guys at a weapons cache (I know how you people are...I am not SF, nor claiming to be, we just happened to be in the same area and we were being nosey so they put us to work.../disclaimer) finding AK's for the Iraqi police force they were training and functions checking them.  Most of you here would have drooled and shit yourself at the same time if you had seen inside the building we were working in.

Everything from AK's, c4, mortars, about any WW2 rifle you could think of, much much more.  I still kick myself for not having a camera with me.

Anyway, back to the point, one of the sf guys pulls a tommy gun out of the pile and says something like "This is the one I'm taking home".  I don't know for sure how much they can get away with, but that was one hell of a find for the middle of nowhere Iraq.

I had something in my truck for a few weeks that looked like an AK, but fired a smaller caliber.  It had a very short barrel and a folding stock.  It looked like a bastard midget AK.  

I asked some OGA guy who looked like a GIJoe and had better gear than me what it was.  If I remember correctly he said AK-74.  I have never heard of it so he may or may not have been full of shit.  Regardless, it was pretty cool and got tossed along with the other good stuff.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If I remember correctly he said AK-74.  I have never heard of it so he may or may not have been full of shit.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm looking through my pics now to see if I took one of it.  I'll post it up if I can find one.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Not to hijack, but I wonder if anyone got this home.

i109.photobucket.com/albums/n71/130cammac/Goldgun.jpg

if i'da run across one i'd have kept it in my keister the whole flight back just to keep it in a safe and drool on it once a year!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:43:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Yep and all those AK's still in the cosmoline.  

My team was helping out some 5th group guys at a weapons cache (I know how you people are...I am not SF, nor claiming to be, we just happened to be in the same area and we were being nosey so they put us to work.../disclaimer) finding AK's for the Iraqi police force they were training and functions checking them.  Most of you here would have drooled and shit yourself at the same time if you had seen inside the building we were working in.

Everything from AK's, c4, mortars, about any WW2 rifle you could think of, much much more.  I still kick myself for not having a camera with me.

Anyway, back to the point, one of the sf guys pulls a tommy gun out of the pile and says something like "This is the one I'm taking home".  I don't know for sure how much they can get away with, but that was one hell of a find for the middle of nowhere Iraq.

I had something in my truck for a few weeks that looked like an AK, but fired a smaller caliber.  It had a very short barrel and a folding stock.  It looked like a bastard midget AK.  

I asked some OGA guy who looked like a GIJoe and had better gear than me what it was.  If I remember correctly he said AK-74.  I have never heard of it so he may or may not have been full of shit.  Regardless, it was pretty cool and got tossed along with the other good stuff.  

probably an AKS-74U otherwise known as a Krinkov, but thats just a gues.  maybe a micro-galil also?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I know a few in arabic.  Let me see if I can bug them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know a few in arabic.  Let me see if I can bug them.

Cool thanks.

And no pics of the rifle.  I looked through all the ones I have on disk and don't see one.  I have no idea where the rest of my pics are because we haven't unpacked everything.  BUT like I said it looked like a scaled down version of an AK-47.

Since I couldn't find the gun pics I have a few random pics I found that I'll post for the hell of it.

In order we have parked on a Baghdad street, inside the airport palace, and spades on the border.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm too hungover to do much worm reading right now.
I'll come back later and try to offer more contructive help.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#24]

I believe this is the Iraqi Bend Her Over & SIIHPAPP award 1st Class
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#25]
and if that is supposed to be a women on the left...I'm glad they cover themselves completely.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#26]
the rainbow one,  one side says Adnan.. which is a person's name.  from the looks of it, i think it's a guittar pick
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't know.  It looks a little thick to be a quitar pick to me.  It's about half an inch thick.

I have a couple books I want to take pictures of and see if you guys can tell me what they are.  One looks like a training manual the other like some sort of polital mambo-jambo.  I'll take pics of them later and post them up.  

Thanks for your help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top